Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Super Moderator
... I pull passanger door handle...
Do you mean the handle/lever for opening the door, or the grab handle for closing ?

Silly question, but have you looked in the door pocket ? My wife sometimes leaves something in the door pocket and it finds its way to the rear and is out of sight, and with no soft felt lining anything in there other than a feather can ratlle.

Should be a relatively easy job for the workshop to remove the interior door trim and check for any loose components or perhaps something left in the door when built.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Do you mean the handle/lever for opening the door, or the grab handle for closing ?

Silly question, but have you looked in the door pocket ? My wife sometimes leaves something in the door pocket and it finds its way to the rear and is out of sight, and with no soft felt lining anything in there other than a feather can ratlle.

Should be a relatively easy job for the workshop to remove the interior door trim and check for any loose components or perhaps something left in the door when built.
Door handle for closing.
Yep, I check everything, no items left anywhere and try with totally empty car also shelfs in backdoor, same.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Update after visiting VW dealer:
We make another test drive for X time and because it is heard only on specific parts of the road, they heard it 2-3 times and said that it is not from the door, it is from under the car, they removed all splash shields and check everything and said that everything is totally okay.
So finally I just decide to leave with the sound, instead to allow them to change solid parts randomly.
So I will wait until something gone broken and they can track it, or at some point sound to disappear magically :D

Super Moderator
Not a very helpful report from the dealer ... how do they know it is coming from under the car if then they say they can't find anything wrong under the car. Did they even bother to remove the interior door trim ? And how do they explain that the noise is eliminated by pulling the door or lowering the window ?

In one of your early posts, you said the noise might be coming from between the front & rear doors. Might be worth checking the seat belt mounting and reel.

I know it is inconvenient to have to keep taking your car to the dealer, but I'm not sure I would just accept that I have to live with it. Are you able to try a different dealer ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Not a very helpful report from the dealer ... how do they know it is coming from under the car if then they say they can't find anything wrong under the car. Did they even bother to remove the interior door trim ? And how do they explain that the noise is eliminated by pulling the door or lowering the window ?

In one of your early posts, you said the noise might be coming from between the front & rear doors. Might be worth checking the seat belt mounting and reel.

I know it is inconvenient to have to keep taking your car to the dealer, but I'm not sure I would just accept that I have to live with it. Are you able to try a different dealer ?
They explanations are totally useless every time, I don't want to accept that knock, but that's probably the better solution. I already have a lot of bad experience with them, they change wheel bearing with no reason(for them it has defect from production).
After that steering wheel is a little bit misplaced, I ask them multiple times for alignment and they all the time said it is not needed...
Probably I will try with alignment outside of dealer, probably this can help for the knock, cause dealer is useless.

No other dealer nearby...

Registered
Hi do you have a better recording or can you do another recording as it鈥檚 a bit hard for me to tell what鈥檚 normal and what鈥檚 the noise your asking about.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi do you have a better recording or can you do another recording as it鈥檚 a bit hard for me to tell what鈥檚 normal and what鈥檚 the noise your asking about.
On this recording the knock, I am talking about is on second 4 and second 7, when going over small bumps, like this:
Automotive tire Road surface Tire Asphalt Grey

Probably this video is with more clear sound:
Second 2 and 5.

Registered
It sounds like something heavy that鈥檚 not moving much. Open the door and see if you can lift the door up at all as if it鈥檚 a bit loose on the hinges if you know what I mean.
If you feel any movement in the hinge compare it to the other door and see if they are different.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It sounds like something heavy that鈥檚 not moving much. Open the door and see if you can lift the door up at all as if it鈥檚 a bit loose on the hinges if you know what I mean.
If you feel any movement in the hinge compare it to the other door and see if they are different.
Already tried everything connected with hinges. Also tried to jump on doorstep, no knock. Probably this knock is abnormal only in my head and it is just normal for brand new car... Probably there is nothing else than just shock absorber normal sound out of my head...

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Yep, for sure I reshared it now.
Not sure what's going on but I can't play it 馃

Edit: I can watch it after downloading, strangely.

Definitely seems to be suspension related I'd have thought. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Rectangle Font Tints and shades Logo Darkness

21 - 38 of 38 Posts