Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , have a tick box for supplementary heater on control panel , when ticked car still frozen this morning. Any ideas how to work it . Or find if it really has this. Thanks Dave, 1.6 d r-line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told this option to pre-heat the car via the app was in their E models only, it may come as an update further down the line. I would be happy if this was incorrect as I am taking delivery of the same car (R Line) this Friday.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Diesel engines take longer to warm up than petrol, therefore diesel VW's now have a supplementary electric heater that helps warm the interior up a bit quicker. My Passat has this and it does work (sort of) when the outside temp is near or below zero. It works automatically if tick box ticked.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think you mix up the Supplementary heater for diesels and the Parking heater which is an option my car have.

The Supplementary heater help the diesels cabin air to heat up faster. It works electric when the car is running and cannot preheat the cabin.

The Parking heater is a seperate unit that preheat the cabin running on fuel. It runs when a control button is pressed, via remote signal or preprogrammed in the infotainment. There is a further option to control the heater with the DFREEZE app, but then you need to add a 3G control box to the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts