Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Thanks for previous advice on this forum when I asked about T-ROC specifications before buying a T-ROC in Spain (where now Iive). I have now purchased a Spanish 2017 (registered 2018) VW T-ROC 1.5 TSI Sport with manual gearbox (and no kangerooing), and am looking for advice again in this UK T-ROC Forum because my understanding of the Spanish language is still not good enough for the Spanish T-ROC Forum.

My old car is a 2005 UK Jaguar X-Type V6 3.0 Sport Premium Estate, which is great to drive but getting a bit unreliable now, hence the purchase of a VW T-ROC.
But the T-ROC only has the puncture repair kit, so I am considering swapping the (Pirelli) T 125/85 R16 99M space saver spare (plus jack, wheelbrace, etc.) from the Jaguar to the T-ROC.

QUESTIONS:
Would a (Pirelli) T 125/85 R16 99M Space Saver Spare be suitable and legal in the T-ROC?
And where would I find a suitable VW t-spindle to securely screw down the space saver spare in the T-ROC boot? - I have attached a photo of the T-ROC spindle mount, which is different from the Jaguar 'screw-in' spindle mount.

[I have read the other excellent Space Saver Spare threads in this forum but can't find one that mentions swapping a spare from another car]

Attachments

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Just had a look and the jag's bolt hole spacing is different than volkswagen & the center hole is larger than a volkswagen'.

Do a search on this forum for space saver wheels, it's been covered many times & is full of part numbers, prices, links etc
Here's one link!

Super Moderator
Just having the same tyre size doesn't mean the wheel studs and axle diameter will be the same, so I'd say the chances of the Jaguar wheel fitting on to the T-Roc axle is unlikely and is vastly more important than securing it in the spare wheel well in the boot. Have you actually tried fitting it ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a look and the jag's bolt hole spacing is different than volkswagen & the center hole is larger than a volkswagen'.

Do a search on this forum for space saver wheels, it's been covered many times & is full of part numbers, prices, links etc
Here's one link!
Hi and thanks,
Where did you look for the info on bolt hole spacing & center hole size? - That looks a really useful resource.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just having the same tyre size doesn't mean the wheel studs and axle diameter will be the same, so I'd say the chances of the Jaguar wheel fitting on to the T-Roc axle is unlikely and is vastly more important than securing it in the spare wheel well in the boot. Have you actually tried fitting it ?
That's why a forum like this is so useful.
Scary - I never thought that 5 "standard" wheel bolt holes would be spaced differently on global manufacturers' cars or that the centre holes would be a different diameter, which is why I haven't tried to fit the Jag spare wheel on the T-ROC. Not even thinking about the consequences of a subsquent puncture.
Many thanks for preventing an inadvertent mistake and now I will look again at the recommended thread for purchasing a VW fitting space saver spare wheel kit.

Registered
The most common 5 "standard" bolt holes (correctly termed "pitch circle diameter") are:

5 x 100
5 x 112 (VW T-Roc)
5 x 114
5 x 120

The jag is a bit of an orphan - they are 5 x 108.

None are interchangeable with each other.

There are many other "5 x" sizes, these are just the most common ones.

The other factor is the centre bore (which is 57.1 on the T-Roc and 63.4 on the jag). The centre bore locates the wheel centrally on the hub and carries all the weight loading - the wheel studs secure the wheel the hub and help transmit acceleration and braking forces. If the centre bore is mis-matched, nothing good will come of it. Worst case scenario is wheel studs failing (because they aren't actually designed or intended to carry the weight of the vehicle).

Since many late model VW's on the MQB platform share the same PCD (5x112) and centre bore (57.1) it should be relatively easy to find a space-saver on the second-hand market in a market as population-dense as Europe and the UK.

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Reactions: ChrisDHorner

Registered
Hi,
Thanks for previous advice on this forum when I asked about T-ROC specifications before buying a T-ROC in Spain (where now Iive). I have now purchased a Spanish 2017 (registered 2018) VW T-ROC 1.5 TSI Sport with manual gearbox (and no kangerooing), and am looking for advice again in this UK T-ROC Forum because my understanding of the Spanish language is still not good enough for the Spanish T-ROC Forum.

My old car is a 2005 UK Jaguar X-Type V6 3.0 Sport Premium Estate, which is great to drive but getting a bit unreliable now, hence the purchase of a VW T-ROC.
But the T-ROC only has the puncture repair kit, so I am considering swapping the (Pirelli) T 125/85 R16 99M space saver spare (plus jack, wheelbrace, etc.) from the Jaguar to the T-ROC.

QUESTIONS:
Would a (Pirelli) T 125/85 R16 99M Space Saver Spare be suitable and legal in the T-ROC?
And where would I find a suitable VW t-spindle to securely screw down the space saver spare in the T-ROC boot? - I have attached a photo of the T-ROC spindle mount, which is different from the Jaguar 'screw-in' spindle mount.

[I have read the other excellent Space Saver Spare threads in this forum but can't find one that mentions swapping a spare from another car]
You need the part,number 5Q0 803 899 ,if you need any information (piece measurements) you can ask,i think with 20鈧 more or less you can buy it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts