Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm really keen on the T-Roc and looking at the 1.0 Petrol SE model.

I'm keen to hear any tips on negotiating a good deal when making the purchase. I'll likely be taking it on PCP.

Have any of you managed to get some extras thrown in, price down etc?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
It is always difficult to be sure where the discounts come from, especially if like me there is a part exchange involved. But whilst my dealer swore he couldn't give any discount other than the £500(?) PCP finance deal, with some pushing he seemed able to throw 3 years of servicing and wheel insurance for me. But those costs MAY have come out of the part exchange price rather than the new car price...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Similar for me, no 'discount' offered but excellent part exchange value for my outgoing Golf. Maybe a sweetener to get me to be a regular customer but definitely more generous than when I have bought 'discounted' cars in the past. As they say, its the cost to change that counts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Monifieth Angus said:
Similar for me, no 'discount' offered but excellent part exchange value for my outgoing Golf.
My dealer offered me a dreadful price for my wife's outgoing 2011 Tiguan (diesel) - it is in great condition, full leather, satnav etc etc. Have to say that I found it verging on the insulting, but Hey! we all know how undesirable VW diesels are these days ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

Thought I'd chip in my penny's worth. I had a similar experience (£500 max) buuuuut when I told them how much We buy any car had offered me for my PX (£3200) they upped this to £3500. The monthly payments were at 260+ and I had already said I would put in a 1,000 max. After lots of back and forth to his mystical manager (!!) he said how would I feel about them going halves on that amount if I signed there and then!!
I wanted to go away and think about it and in the end I went with another dealership for a less spec car
I am a horribly impatient person but I think if you can wait then maybe hold off for a month or so. The TRoc is VERY dersirable right now but may be less 'hot' when the TCross comes out
I'd say, go in with a low figure that you want to pay per month and wheedle them down to that amount....
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just use CarWow (UK). The dealers often deliver and do part exchange pickup (I try to get them to match the WhatCar trade in value).

·
Registered
402 Posts
I tried using CarWow but no one came back to me with a price that was in any way discounted (other than the £500 PCP) so I just went with a dealer. Still had to pay top dollar and couldn't get any sweeteners thrown in. First time in my life I've paid "list" for a car. Gutted.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well 2x nothing is still nothing...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got just over £2600 + £500 (PCP contribution) off my 1.0 Design using online UK broker, dealt with main dealer. SE had similar discount but as Design has higher Residual Value for no apparent reason it means the difference was minimal.

·
Registered
402 Posts
So by "broker" you mean someone sourcing a car from abroad?

·
Registered
8 Posts
no, its a UK dealer, its a uk car, broker just acts as an intermediary to get bulk discount as they push through circa 100+ sales a month to dealer, who get bigger discount from VW. Broker I believe makes their money by getting a couple of hundred pounds as a "finder fee" from dealer.

Brokers haven't sourced cars from abroad for about 10 years, different world these days

·
Registered
402 Posts
Interesting. Too late for me this time, something to think about for next.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts