Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all. Been looking at the new T-Roc as a potential replacement for my current MK7 Golf GTD towards the middle / end of this year.

I want to move away from diesel (the GTD has been / is fab), but I don't need a diesel as I don't do any more than around 8k miles these days, and fancy having an engine that actually warms up before I've reached work in the winter :D

Looking at the line up though (I;'m interested in either the SEL or the upcoming R-Line model (when details and prices are known), but the engine line up seems a bit thin to me. I want DSG again (doesn't have to be 4WD), but my only option seems to be the 2.0L TSI 190ps with AWD, which whilst I'm sure it's nice, seems a bit overkill to me. I'd rather the 1.5 150PS Evo coupled with the DSG box as I'm sure it will be quick enough.

Does anyone know if the engine / gearbox lineup will be fleshed out during 2018, or is what we have now it ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes the options are limited. I would have liked the 2 litre petrol engine with manual gearbox and front wheel drive.
Unfortunately this combination is not yet available so I settled for the 1.5.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.