Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I ordered a new T-ROC RLine on April 12 2022 & at the time was send a VW document stating that the build times were 14 weeks taking delivery to week 30 (end of July). On chasing for an update last Monday I was then told that the build times had now changed & the provisional build week is now week 37.
Does anyone else have this kind of change, an increased build time of 50% does seem high?

·
Registered
115 Posts
A 14 week build time seems very short, given the current issues with chip shortages, supply chain delays etc.
I've certainly experienced build times months longer than originally expected.
To be honest, until you have a confirmed build week, delivery could be anytime ! I can almost guarantee it will change again !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, I'll keep waiting I guess, I've attached the document that VW were issuing at the time though which would seem to be very misleading
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess the situation is very fluid at the moment, also different people will give different answers depending on their angle. Perhaps my local dealer was fed up of getting hassle for delays and trying to be overly pessimistic in the hope of getting positives for earlier delivery. No one seems to really know, I ended up going for a pipeline order which wasn't in the colour I originally wanted but in the hope of being more likely to be delivered on time but I'm constantly second guessing and wondering if I should have just stuck to my original choice and placed a fresh order. But then again my leasing company has increased the monthly rentals by £70 on 2023 MY T-Rocs so maybe not :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks both, I'll keep waiting I guess, I've attached the document that VW were issuing at the time though which would seem to be very misleading View attachment 4372
Hi
Fascinated by this chart as I’ve not seen anything like this. Is there any chance you could uplift the other two pages as it would be great to see what other information they provide?
I ordered my T Roc Cabrio R Line on March 18th and still can’t get any confirmation as to when it is likely to be built, so I can feel your frustration!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
Fascinated by this chart as I’ve not seen anything like this. Is there any chance you could uplift the other two pages as it would be great to see what other information they provide?
I ordered my T Roc Cabrio R Line on March 18th and still can’t get any confirmation as to when it is likely to be built, so I can feel your frustration!
I'd also love to see what other information is on the missing pages, unfortunately it was an image the salesman from the dealership embedded in an email

·
Registered
490 Posts
it was confirmed by vw that a large number of T-Rocs were finished (there were missing parts) last week and shipped to the port of Setubal for shipment to the UK market

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
To use a well known quote ... "I think we are going to need a bigger boat" 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
2017 R-Line Polo TSI Black Pearl (5 speed petrol)
15 Posts
Hi,

I ordered a new T-ROC RLine on April 12 2022 & at the time was send a VW document stating that the build times were 14 weeks taking delivery to week 30 (end of July). On chasing for an update last Monday I was then told that the build times had now changed & the provisional build week is now week 37.
Does anyone else have this kind of change, an increased build time of 50% does seem high?
We ordered an R-line on March 12th and were given End June/early July as build week. After a few phone calls it seems to be now week 37 as build. According to the dealers, VW aren't building any more complete cars until they have all the parts. Hoping for an update very soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
There is also the annual factory holiday/shut-down (3 weeks ?) which might be in July or early August and would impact build dates. @Seal or others may know precise dates.

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
2017 R-Line Polo TSI Black Pearl (5 speed petrol)
15 Posts
Seems like it's a model dependent issue as well looking at the list of models above. Some people seem to know more than others. Fingers crossed I'm not at week 37. Expecting an update from Peter Coopers this week.🤞😉

·
Registered
490 Posts
According to the VW organization, the production of the T-Roc will be stopped from the 25th of July to the 21st of August (holidays) , despite what the dealers currently say, the entire production of the T-Roc is being done with all the parts,the lack of parts is not foreseen until the period of the working holidays.The most manufactured model for the english market is 1.5 automatic, there is a large number of orders

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve ordered a T Roc R-Line end of May - just been confirmed build date of week commencing 11th July! Not keeping my hopes up though
Nice, I ordered early May via a leasing company, was supposed to be a pipeline order so fixed colour and spec but lease co tell me it doesn't have a confirmed build date yet so a little miffed. They are still saying delivery by end of August though... which doesn't leave a lot of time with factory shutdown. We'll see, not in a huge rush as long as it arrives in the next few months as I don't want to put the 12 year old Focus shed it's replacing through another MOT 🤪

1 - 20 of 44 Posts