Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

Registered
2017 R-Line Polo TSI Black Pearl (5 speed petrol)
Nice, I ordered early May via a leasing company, was supposed to be a pipeline order so fixed colour and spec but lease co tell me it doesn't have a confirmed build date yet so a little miffed. They are still saying delivery by end of August though... which doesn't leave a lot of time with factory shutdown. We'll see, not in a huge rush as long as it arrives in the next few months as I don't want to put the 12 year old Focus shed it's replacing through another MOT 馃お
Nah, I get it, we were due the cam belt change on the polo and a service, but dealers told me not to bother it wouldn't affect the px price we'd agreed. At least it will save a bit of aggro even though we'll be waiting for week 37. fingers crossed for your delivery date then! 馃馃

Registered
at the moment there are about 350 R, blocked for the UK market,built on a date when there was a shortage of parts

Reactions: andrewandlauna

Registered
at the moment there are about 350 R, blocked for the UK market,built on a date when there was a shortage of parts
Hey Seal,

do you have any idea how long it normally takes after a build date to reach the dealer here in the UK? Port is assigned to Grimsby apparently.

Registered
I could be one of the lucky 350 then!!馃榿 I ordered on the 12th of March.馃檲 I hope VW decide to think about setting up another wire harness facility away from the current war zone. How convenient is it that the VW family put their eggs in one basket in the middle of the Ukraine?馃檲馃檳馃檴

Registered
Hey Seal,

do you have any idea how long it normally takes after a build date to reach the dealer here in the UK? Port is assigned to Grimsby apparently.
minimum one week, maximum 3 weeks from factory to UK market

Reactions: Sep

Registered
I could be one of the lucky 350 then!!馃榿 I ordered on the 12th of March.馃檲 I hope VW decide to think about setting up another wire harness facility away from the current war zone. How convenient is it that the VW family put their eggs in one basket in the middle of the Ukraine?馃檲馃檳馃檴
there are already solutions, but it is not easy for a new factory to build new wiring from scratch main problem in the VW group (in a short time) regarding other parts that are assembled in other countries there are no longer many problems, but some modules that may be missing are not for coming from Ukraine but for lack of semiconductors

Registered
Interesting to note & report:
Ordered a T-Roc Style 1.5 DSG Apr 22
Build date w/c 09 May.22
Already in UK Port (confirmed by dealer)
Expected delivery June 22 (expect by end of month)

was not expecting that! o_O
Delivered today by trailer! Had to book the slot ASAP
Unfortunately, away on business for a day or two. But getting good reports on how it looks :)

Registered
Excellent news! Will be nice to know what spec you have on it and how it drives. Congratulations.馃
Thanks & I hope yours arrives soon too.
I was not expecting such a quick turnaround.
Its a T-Roc Style 1.5 TSI 7-speed DSG, Black Pearl, 17" Johannesburg, Rear View Camera, Space and weight saving spare wheel.

Still yet to see it - so will know how it drives in a day or two.

Registered
News from our VW main dealer our new T-roc is built & on its way to the dealer. Ordered April 2022 .We bought/order via online site . Can have car delivered (free)by a driver but prefer to collect & check the car first. Bought our VW California Ocean campervan in 2016 this way. Very happy with the process.
VOLKSWAGEN T -ROC HATCHBACK
1.5 SI EVO Style 5dr DSG
Solid - Ascot grey /black roof with black rails.
Art velours microfleece cloth - Titanium Black-Anthracite/Titanlum Black/BI
Removable and lockable towbar
Ergoastive seat/ ergo active pack
Rear view camera
Heated leather wrapped multi function steering wheel with tiptronic
18" Space and weight saver spare wheel with tool kit
Service offer at 拢269.00 (Included in the price

Quite a few VW California ocean are being delivered in the Ascot Grey. Look really smart with black trims.

Registered
I've been informed it's still week 37 build, I am still a bit suspicious of that owing to the fact I hadn't added many extras. Keyless start and spare wheel plus the Black Pack. Petrol Blue paint. I've been offered the same spec but in King's red metallic as an alternative because that will be coming in 2 weeks time. Why? Dealer rep was not sure why either but was happy to let me have first shout on it if I wanted it sooner.

Super Moderator
... I've been offered the same spec but in King's red metallic as an alternative because that will be coming in 2 weeks time. Why? Dealer rep was not sure why either but was happy to let me have first shout on it if I wanted it sooner.
Who made the offer ... the dealer or did it come direct from VW ?

Eiher way, I think I'd be quite pleased to at least have the offer, after all your week 37 build would probably mean wk 40 at best for hand over to you, which is 14 weeks away. There are always stock build cars coming through, so not sure why you seem to think there is something not right with receiving an offer of a car in 2 weeks.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
@andrewandlauna kings red is a nice colour, consider it but only after seeing it in the flesh.
You probably don't really know how it will look in the flesh in petrol blue either?

I think I've only seen one face lifted T-roc on the road so far, they're like hens teeth & that was a lower spec'd model too馃憖馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
Peter Coopers VW made the offer. We're not convinced on Kings Red. We liked the Petrol Blue as it seems to look a different colour depending on where the light source is. Almost a pearlescent effect although it's just a metallic paint finish. I'd settle for an all black but I don't think I'd be happy with the bird poo all over again. My pearl black Polo seems to be a magnet for seagulls and it only looks great when it's in perfectly clean and polished order. I'd like to be a little less fussy with it. I'll check the red one out when it arrives.

Super Moderator
3 years ago, Skoda did the Karoq in Petrol Blue. Not sure if it is exactly the same, but it certainly changed appearance in different light and viewing angles. A neighbour nearby has one and it is certainly a nice colour.

If your heart was set on that, I don't think you'll be disappointed by the longer wait. I waited 11 months for mine, but in the final few months I would have taken any colour except the dealer couldn't offer one.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I decided to alter my order since there seemed no end in sight for my provisional build date being confirmed to a model that's broadly the same as I'd originally ordered but is in fact built.
I'm told that there vehicle has a status of 30, does anyone know if that means it's still sat in Portugal where it's built or whether it's either in transit or at a UK port?
It doesn't matter how old I get I am terrible at waiting for things to arrive...

Super Moderator
From what I recall without searching it out, status 30 corresponds to stage 2, which means order is accepted by the factory, so provisional build wk but not yet confirmed.

Registered
I decided to alter my order since there seemed no end in sight for my provisional build date being confirmed to a model that's broadly the same as I'd originally ordered but is in fact built.
I'm told that there vehicle has a status of 30, does anyone know if that means it's still sat in Portugal where it's built or whether it's either in transit or at a UK port?
It doesn't matter how old I get I am terrible at waiting for things to arrive...
I totally understand. No movement on ours either it's still where it was. I'll put up with the wait if I get what I was asking for. I'll still go and have a gander at the Kings red one that will be at the dealers soon.馃槈

Registered
Hi, I placed an order with a leasing company at the beginning of May and the ETA was 12-16weeks but I never had an ETA update since. I was told on 27th of May by the leasing company that due to model year change and that the system was closed and dealers cannot to be fed with dates. By any chance anyone actually got an update in the last few weeks?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts