Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts
Congratulations! It looks like Dealership purchasing is a thing of the past with people buying through there and other sources. I'm petty sure I read somewhere that VW were planning more for direct sales in the future as well. One of the sales team at my local VW dealers said they were doing a restructuring of operations in the UK. I wonder if VW franchises are a dying breed.🤔

I sent an email this morning to the leasing company to asked about the factory summer break and they told me that: “T-Roc production will be halted from 01/08 until 22/08” - doesn’t look like I’m getting a car soon 😅
Now we know when it is. I had a feeling it would be the towards the end of August. All academic as we're still in the queue.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Well I am still waiting, I've even resorted to what I think is called 'ship stalking'! There was a ship out of Setubal earlier this week that went to sheerness, Grimsby & Tyne & I was hoping it might have been on that, but I've just looked at the types of ships in the port of Setubal & there are no less than 7 vehicle carriers either in port or due in. Now that the factory starts back on Monday I hope that one of these is going to bring my T-ROC to me at last I live in hope of sitting a nice new car with that lovely new car smell soon :)

A filthy rumour, but it now looks like there could be further build delays on VW lines. A glass shortage for windscreens.Maunfacturing them requires a lot of gas.🙈
No, there not a problem with the glass

From my daily paper dated 29/10/2022

VW SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES 'PERMANENT'

German carmaker Volkswagen has warned that supply chain issues are becoming a permanent problem, with a lack of parts leaving it with 150.000 unfinished cars. The chief executive, Oliver Blume, said disruption "will become the rule, not the exception".
The firm said it would deliver as many cars this year as in 2021, down from a target of 5 to 10 per cent growth.

Not very encouraging, considering my T Roc is being built this week (Week 44), hope they've got all the parts in stock! My dealer has quoted 4-6 weeks delivery from the factory to the dealer.

With that number of unfinished cars, they are going to run out of space and might even resort to shipping cars and the parts would eventually be fitted by dealers. :mad:

With that number of unfinished cars, they are going to run out of space and might even resort to shipping cars and the parts would eventually be fitted by dealers. :mad:
Might be a few cheap cars in the future 🤔😁😏😉😎🤞

I think there may be a reply from @Seal on this soon. I think that figure has been 'newspapered' by a factor of 10. Probably more like 15,000 or so.
Well a few weeks ago it was over 25,000 and that was an accurate figure but yeah I can’t see it being more than 40,000. I’ll check.

edit: actually that 25,000 was just T-Rocs so if it’s across the whole VW lineup, yeah I can see 150,000 being accurate. Probably an underestimate in fact.

Good news and bad news: it seems the MIB-missing T-Rocs are reducing in numbers. There are now half as many as previous waiting on that part, but… a new problem has emerged: there may be another recall on the horizon. Unconfirmed but looking likely. I’ll try to find out more.

Good news and bad news: it seems the MIB-missing T-Rocs are reducing in numbers. There are now half as many as previous waiting on that part, but… a new problem has emerged: there may be another recall on the horizon. Unconfirmed but looking likely. I’ll try to find out more.
Where are you getting all this info, are you head of customer services for volkswagen UK now 🤔🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: twist
Where are you getting all this info, are you head of customer services for volkswagen UK now 🤔🤷‍♂️
If I told you, I’d have to kill you 🤪

• Helpful
Reactions: Vernerbongo2
For anyone interested, it’s the chrome trim piece at the back of the car just above the C pillar (the boomerang shaped thing that discolors easily). Apparently they are falling off. Only affects the facelift model but still worrying that there’s a pattern of bits falling off the T-Roc :LOL: First the spoiler and then this. Hope it’s not the wheels next.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2
61 - 80 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.