Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's been like that for a couple of weeks. I assume it's to update it. Most of the European countries configurator is working.

·
Registered
985 Posts
It's because the engines are still going through WLTP testing - essentially following the diesel scandal, manufacturers have had to go through a completely different process for what they claim about emissions and fuel consumption, the fuel consumption test for instance now has to include the results of testing on gradients to give overall figures (as people were claiming they could not replicate what manufacturers were putting in the literature. WLTP applies to all new car registrations from September 2018.

http://wltpfacts.eu/what-is-wltp-how-will-it-work/

http://wltpfacts.eu/when-will-wltp-changes-take-place/

At present I understand that manufacturers may not be building certain types of engines until the WLTP testing is complete. For instance before I ordered my TRoc, also looked at a Q2, and you could only order the (up to) 1.4L diesel (no petrol or 2.0 Diesels) as the WLTP testing had not completed. Manufacturers have focused more on the diesels after recent claims, most of them I think now have completed testing, however many of the petrol engines are still going through that cycle. My understanding is that for each engine type, until the WLTP testing is complete, then that engine is not being built (which will delay any cars ordered with that engine.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Agree with Hawkeye ^^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Contacted live chat today - they are no longer giving order updates via this method and the advice is to refer to your dealer. Obviously they can't cope!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Your right they are telling everyone to go back to their dealers
Haha good luck getting any truth

·
Registered
985 Posts
good luck getting any truth - absolutely.

However I think there may be daylight on the horizon. Last week, prior to ordering my TRoc, I test drove a Q2. Not my cup of tea, but that's irrelevant, after speaking with VAG Customer Service, the sales person told me that the first 2.0l engines built would be destined for the (just released) SQ2 and they couldn't give me a date if I wanted a 2.0l Q2. However next day, sales person called to say that Audi had just released the order book for the 2.0L petrol Q2's.

That being the case, hold the faith people, sounds like round about end of month some engines may be released to VW, WLTP testing having been completed.

But then I've always been an optimist LOL!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Radders said:
And the 1.6 diesel 0 - 60 time has changed from 8.6 to 10.8 seconds, really?
It's always been 10.9, it's only been available since August.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.