Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the worst - car owners decorating their cars with cheap plastic crap from china only because it is affordable. To me it looks horrible, adds zero value and it's car designer's worst nightmare.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's all about personal taste, quite frankly I find some of the colour combinations available as standard are ghastly and that's the official VW production.

I have added a stainless steel boot edge protector and have yet to fit some door step films for protection I've purchased - these are VW manufactured and expensive.

The linked in products above seem to be in the same sort of user option area so horses for courses I guess.

·
Registered
240 Posts
When you got your door sill covers if they are the large flexible ones I recommend a couple of the squirt bottles as there is a pack of solution that comes with the kit, I used one bottle with solution and also one bottle with water. The only thing you have to watch with these parts is the fitment and quality especially where fittings go through or switches. I've no doubt if one of the original fittings failed and was fitted to aftermarket parts they would try and get out of warranty claims.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
When you got your door sill covers if they are the large flexible ones I recommend a couple of the squirt bottles as there is a pack of solution that comes with the kit, I used one bottle with solution and also one bottle with water. The only thing you have to watch with these parts is the fitment and quality especially where fittings go through or switches. I've no doubt if one of the original fittings failed and was fitted to aftermarket parts they would try and get out of warranty claims.
Thanks for the tip regarding the 2 bottles. I presume the second part of the post is targeted at anyone fitting the original poster type accessories, and would add that they may get a comment on if they had to be removed for fixing an issue in that area, would either ask you to remove them or take no responsibility if they were damaged being removed to gain access.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Second part is reference the original post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.