Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I picked up my new T-roc yesterday.
I have been a little apprehensive about exchanging a mint Golf Gti with only 25000 on the clock for a new T-roc 1.5 Sel
I need not have worried.
When the salesman pulled off the dust cover in the showroom I just was amazed. The pure white with the black roof looked fantastic, I'm glad I chose that.
So first impressions.
My wife and I did a 30 mile trip from the garage to Morpeth then home after a browse round the charity shops (my wife likes them) and a coffee in Costa.
The engine is quiet, smooth and surprisingly punchy. The ride is good and the seats supportive
The infotainment and the active instrument displays look great but it will take me some time to be able to learn and use the many features.
Mpg on that journey was 43.5 doing no more than 60on the duel carriageway and some slow and stop start driving as well.
The supposed low rent interior and hard plastics didn't bother me , the steering wheel and gear knob feel nice and the sport seats with red stitching in the Sel along with the metal pedals and black roof lining (sports pack items) give a lift to the interior
So I think you can all look forward to owning a good looking car that drives well and is so well specced certainly in Sel with optional Sports Pack
I'm not sure I know to post photos, maybe some body can help!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations. You are the first member to receive theirs. Your spec sounds fantastic.

I'm relieved to hear you are not disappointed by the 1.5 engine. We are swapping a 25000 mile mint golf GTD and I am too a little apprehensive, but now see that I don't do enough miles to justify a diesel, especially in the age of DPF and ERG with all the bad publicity they get.

I haven't tried to upload pictures but hopefully a moderator can advise you. You deserve to show off your new car so we can all admire it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great to hear your happy with the 1.5 SEL braveheart74, as that is what I have on order... Not read many personal reviews and never had a VW before so was pretty hesitant to take the plunge but the T-Roc had me at first glance.

Look forward to an update as you become acquainted ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
viking16 said:
Hi
I booked T-ROC ON 10th Jan. The delivery date is in week 27th. (early July). Can you share your experience about delivery of T-ROC?
Really? I actually ordered mine the 16th, and the dealer has sworn an blood oath that my car is set for building tuesday week 11, and it will take around 4 weeks. He previously said it would be around week 21, but I keps bothering him so much he managed to pull some strings with "the volkswagen lady". Just tell him you will look somewhere else cause you cant wait and they will prioritize you if you do it well.

VW code: VK3KOLLC with additional aftermarket electronic engine heater and coupé heater installed at delievery.
Paying 29.8k in Sweden.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my 1.0L 115BHP SE Petrol today, coming from a 2.0 150BHP Passat estate I was a little nervous about power but I should not have been worried either, the engine and gearbox is smooth and power delivery is great.

I really did want the LED headlights but that would have pushed the price beyond my purse, does anyone know if I can retrofit the LED headlights and where would I get them from.

cheers

Tony

·
Registered
67 Posts
www.hazzydayz.com don't list the T-Roc model (yet?), but I used them a few years ago to retrofit an OEM radio/satnav head unit in to a Tiguan, and they were very good. I see they do do Golf headlights so may be able to help?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hazzydays got back to me

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your email, yes we can certainly offer the Genuine VW Bi-Xenon's with LEDs for this model.
These headlights use the new style 25w Xenon bulb so don't require Auto-leveling or headlight washer jets.

- These will cost £1650 + VAT supplied and fitted.

As these are special order, we will require a 50% deposit and the parts take 7-10 days to come in.
Installation takes approx 4-5 hours.

All parts are Genuine VW and come with a 2 year warranty.

bit pricey but he was willing to do a discount if others were interested.

not sure if xenons or LED but too much for me at the moment

cheers

tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.