Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Apologies if there's already a separate topic about this.

Thought of starting a new topic to track the delivery timelines as well as updates for various stages of the order (prep, built, shipped, etc) for T-Roc's ordered in 2021, so as we can all track or predict our respective deliveries :idea:

I'll start with my order details below:

T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol DSG
Panoramic Sunroof
Digital Cockpit
Reversing Camera
Heated Steering Wheel

Ordered: 31st May 2021
Build Week confirmed: 27
Current Stage: 3 (Build Week confirmed)
Estimated Delivery Date from Dealer: Between 31st August and 7th September

Will provide further updates as and when it moves through to the next stages.

Don't want to get my hopes high but does anyone know if August end is actually possible considering a lot of added features mentioned above ( such as sunroof etc), as they might add time to the build process ??

Hope to get more delivery timelines on this Topic :)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
My own order was inexplicably delayed and took 11 months for delivery. Around that time in 2018-19, many orders were taking quite a while due to changes in emissions testing and resulting lack of test capacity, but very few if any were as protracted as mine. However, once build weeks were confirmed, usually about 3 weeks before the confirmed build week, the actual build was pretty much in line and quite a few were actually built a week ahead of the confirmed week.

The long haul is waiting for a confirmed build week, and then sometimes delays between factory and dealerships due to many possible circumstances, some unpredictable such as dock strikes and weather, others predictable such public holidays. There was one case of a car getting 'lost' between the factory and the UK.

Week 27 is the week commencing 5th July and is less than 3 weeks away, so I think you have a very good chance of your car reaching the dealer by the middle of August. When the build week is confirmed it means that all the required parts are in the pipeline and scheduled to be issued to the production line, so the choice of options is then irrelevant.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,I ordered mine sat 5th June,with a estimated delivery date 31st Aug.I have ordered a white 1.5 DSG Active with high beam assist and reverse Camera.Dealer said some are coming before delivery dates so here's hoping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Impala said:
My own order was inexplicably delayed and took 11 months for delivery. Around that time in 2018-19, many orders were taking quite a while due to changes in emissions testing and resulting lack of test capacity, but very few if any were as protracted as mine. However, once build weeks were confirmed, usually about 3 weeks before the confirmed build week, the actual build was pretty much in line and quite a few were actually built a week ahead of the confirmed week.

The long haul is waiting for a confirmed build week, and then sometimes delays between factory and dealerships due to many possible circumstances, some unpredictable such as dock strikes and weather, others predictable such public holidays. There was one case of a car getting 'lost' between the factory and the UK.

Week 27 is the week commencing 5th July and is less than 3 weeks away, so I think you have a very good chance of your car reaching the dealer by the middle of August. When the build week is confirmed it means that all the required parts are in the pipeline and scheduled to be issued to the production line, so the choice of options is then irrelevant.
Thanks for this update. This really helps understand the backend process of the build and shipping .

Dont want to get my hopes high but hey Come On August !! 🤣😂

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kerryp said:
Hi,I ordered mine sat 5th June,with a estimated delivery date 31st Aug.I have ordered a white 1.5 DSG Active with high beam assist and reverse Camera.Dealer said some are coming before delivery dates so here's hoping.
Thats a good news to hear that they are being delivered ahead of delivery times estimated.

Also, did you get a Build week confirmed ??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EmH said:
Hi,

I ordered my black edition on 15th May. It's due to land in the Uk anytime and I should pick up in less than two weeks, cannot wait! 😊
Hi,
Firstly Black Edition is a fab choice.

Thats a surprise you ordered on 15th May and getting it by June end.

Do you know when your confirmed build week was?

·
Registered
50 Posts
SwankyTroc said:
Kerryp said:
Thats a good news to hear that they are being delivered ahead of delivery times estimated.

Also, did you get a Build week confirmed ??
No not yet.said would email when they do or go on a tracker app &#x1f937-1f3fb-2640;

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealership told me first week in June, had a text on the 5th June to say it had been built and left the factory. When I ordered the car I was told it would be the end of July for collection.

SwankyTroc said:
EmH said:
Hi,

I ordered my black edition on 15th May. It's due to land in the Uk anytime and I should pick up in less than two weeks, cannot wait! 😊
Hi,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EmH said:
Dealership told me first week in June, had a text on the 5th June to say it had been built and left the factory. When I ordered the car I was told it would be the end of July for collection.

SwankyTroc said:
EmH said:
Hi,

Hi,

Great !! I bet you're looking forward to driving the Black Beauty 😀

It's interesting your build week was only 2 weeks after you placed the order. Did you add any additional specs (sunroof, reversing camera,, heated steering wheel, digital cockpit, etc) to the order or went with the standard spec on Black edition?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just the standard Black Edition spec on mine.

Yeah I'm very surprised at how quickly it's gone through considering they said the end of July. I couldn't believe how long some people have waited looking on here.

This is my first VW, I'm changing from a Mini Cooper so it's quite a bit of a difference for me but very excited!

SwankyTroc said:
EmH said:

SwankyTroc said:
Hi,

It's interesting your build week was only 2 weeks after you placed the order. Did you add any additional specs (sunroof, reversing camera,, heated steering wheel, digital cockpit, etc) to the order or went with the standard spec on Black edition?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EmH said:

Yeah I'm very surprised at how quickly it's gone through considering they said the end of July. I couldn't believe how long some people have waited looking on here.

This is my first VW, I'm changing from a Mini Cooper so it's quite a bit of a difference for me but very excited!

SwankyTroc said:
EmH said:

Ok. Choosing standard spec might explain expedited delivery as I wonder if they already had one built in the factory when you ordered (perhaps pending checks etc at the time of order).

Vw is a beauty in terms of driving experience. I've driven Passat before and cant wait to get the T-Roc.

I bet you're counting days now !!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
SwankyTroc said:
EmH said:

SwankyTroc said:

Ok. Choosing standard spec might explain expedited delivery as I wonder if they already had one built in the factory when you ordered (perhaps pending checks etc at the time of order).

Vw is a beauty in terms of driving experience. I've driven Passat before and cant wait to get the T-Roc.

I bet you're counting days now !!
I suspect this was an order already in the pipeline for a car being built for stock for your dealer or their group, or perhaps an order cancellation, which just happened to match your spec and your dealer managed to get their 'hands' on it.

Sheer good luck. Enjoy :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know if it would count as 2021 deliveries but I ordered 24/11/2020.
Build week 7
Arrival in Cyprus week 16
Delivered 11/06/2021

MY21 model.
All avaliable extras from my country. Was made to order which may explain the length of time. Also 2 lockdowns on my country 😅

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TRoc_CY said:
I don't know if it would count as 2021 deliveries but I ordered 24/11/2020.
Build week 7
Arrival in Cyprus week 16
Delivered 11/06/2021

MY21 model.
All avaliable extras from my country. Was made to order which may explain the length of time. Also 2 lockdowns on my country 😅
Thanks for the update. 7 months (approx) is a long time, I must say to wait but I can understand delays due to lockdowns etc.

Hope there's no more lockdowns so that we can get ours delivered in time. Cannot wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As an update, I am collecting on Monday. Had the text saying the car had reached the dealership this morning. Cannot wait!

EmH said:
Hi,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EmH said:
As an update, I am collecting on Monday. Had the text saying the car had reached the dealership this morning. Cannot wait!

EmH said:
Hi,

Congrats man and enjoy your beauty. I bet you'll have 2 sleepless nights waiting for Monday. 😉

Would love to see the pics of that Black Edition when you get it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All,

Looks like we have the same timeline @Swanky!

T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol Manual
Panoramic Sunroof
Digital Cockpit

Build Week confirmed: 27 (w/c 05/07/21)
Estimated Delivery Date: Dealer is saying mid-Sept, VW have said should be no later than 31st August and cars have been arriving earlier than expected :D

Fingers crossed for an August delivery!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Charley91 said:
Hi All,

Looks like we have the same timeline @Swanky!

T-Roc Active 1.5 Petrol Manual
Panoramic Sunroof
Digital Cockpit

Build Week confirmed: 27 (w/c 05/07/21)
Estimated Delivery Date: Dealer is saying mid-Sept, VW have said should be no later than 31st August and cars have been arriving earlier than expected :D

Fingers crossed for an August delivery!
Yeah our built week is same. So perhaps delivery date might be same. Also might vary a few days here or there, depending on where our dealers are based. My dealer is based out of Surrey.

Hoping for that August delivery mate and will be counting days for sure. Fingers crossed!!

1 - 20 of 248 Posts