Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just received word from the dealer that the new T-Roc has arrived :D
They want 4 days for preparation so I am booked in to collect it on Saturday. That will be just over 16 weeks from order to collection - pretty good considering all the potential obstacles. Just hope I can get some fuel so I can actually drive it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ste007 said:
Just received word from the dealer that the new T-Roc has arrived :D
They want 4 days for preparation so I am booked in to collect it on Saturday. That will be just over 17 weeks from order to collection - pretty good considering all the potential obstacles. Just hope I can get some fuel so I can actually drive it!
Ooh exciting,I love mine,had it 5 weeks today xx enjoy your new car and fingers crossed you can fill it up

·
Registered
43 Posts
It seems that there are a very limited amount of T Rocs around at the moment. When I went to the showroom last week I was told that there is only one vehicle available new in the south. That is the one I'm buying.

When I originally asked about buying one I was told it would take 4-6 months and when I agreed to wait I was then told that it was not a good idea as they were actually changing the model, so the one I drove might not be the same as the one I would get.

Whether it's because they more interested in getting rid of the old models I'm not sure but they do seem to be hard to get right across the country

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very pleased to say that today I collected my new T-Roc SEL 1.5 from the dealer. :D
I will post some pictures in the gallery section in a little while after I have had a chance to personalise all the settings…

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's the same colour mine will be, it looks very nice. How long did you wait from deposit to delivery?

Also where is the fuel flap release? I've looked in the manual and I can't see it. I ask because mine will proably be empty when I get it and I will look an idiot on the petrol ststion forecourt looking for it :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
davejo said:
That's the same colour mine will be, it looks very nice. How long did you wait from deposit to delivery?

Also where is the fuel flap release? I've looked in the manual and I can't see it. I ask because mine will proably be empty when I get it and I will look an idiot on the petrol ststion forecourt looking for it :)
It is a very smart looking car. I had a Ravenna Blue one before this. That one was quite eye-catching, this one is more sophisticated looking. The T-Roc does seem to suit all its colours though. I will miss the blue - easier to spot in the car park!

Deposit to delivery for me was just over 16 weeks but it does seem very variable depending on trim level, engine and extras.

The fuel flap is unlocked when the doors are unlocked so no fuel flap release required. Just push on the flap and let go and it will pop open. It's a good question though. I went to fill my Mum's Micra up once and could not find the flap release.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the info Ste007.

I was told 4-6 weeks, just hope it's sooner.

I did the same when I bought a Nissan Sunny many years ago, very embarrassing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you get a heated steering wheel? I was told it was unavailable and it had disappeared from the configuration.

I bought a Fiat Sedici once and couldn't find the filler lock so I called the dealer, apparently not even the service manager knew and he had one as his company car. It was under the seat. It was also an excellent car.

·
Registered
402 Posts
new production stop at the T-Roc factory now from October 22nd to 26th, VW info.

·
Registered
43 Posts
According to my dealers website all vehicles are now from stock only. Maybe because they want to get rid of the old model before running the new one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just heard from dealer about my T-Roc that "It's been built up to stage 8 just waiting for the next batch of semiconductor chips to get confirmed built."
Ordered on 6 June. By the time I've waited for new chippery and delivery from Portugal, looks like at least six months from order to bum-on-seat.
Hope it's worth it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've tried very hard to stay away from this topic because the anticipation would kill me but...

I ordered a manual T-Roc R-Line 1.5 3rd July this year and have just been told that it's now, as of this morning, in Grimsby awaiting customs clearance/transportation which could take another 10 working days. This seems to be either in line or slightly faster than other manufacturer/dealer estimates when I was looking in June/July. So it should be something like 16 weeks which given the current climate is fairly decent. It arrived on the Aquarius Ace.

Like others on here dealer communication was somewhat... lacking sometimes although from the point where I was told it had been built and was waiting for a ship to arrival the dealer has provided excellent (and humourous!) updates without prompting. I've my fingers crossed that from this point on it is just a case of a space on a transporter and the dealer registering it, etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As Alexjamie above, we have had email today saying "vehicle as arrived in the uk at the Port of Grimsby", also an R-Line 1.5 manual with a build week of 36, ordered on the 27th May.

Urano Grey
Keyless entry
Electric tailgate
Steel spare wheel
Manual lumber support
Rear view camera.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dealer update, my 1.5 DSG Active trim (no added extras as was a dealer order) which had an original build week of 26 is now built and at stage 7 however parked awaiting semi-conductor chip, will then go to quality review before being shipped to the UK.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Maybe Seal or someone with insider dealer knowledge can help out here with stage numbers.

My previous understanding of the stages notified by the web and mobile app trackers was that stage 5 was left the factory and in transit (with stages 5a, 5b and 5c representing progress through the shipping process from factory to UK), stage 6 was arrived in UK and stage 7 was arrived at dealer. I also understood that these stage numbers were for 'customers' and that VW and dealers had a different internal numbering system with more stages and hence different meanings for each.

Based on the 'customer' stages, the 2 cars referred to in the posts above at stages 7 and 8 should be at the dealer, but it seems they are still awaiting parts. So what has changed with stage numbers given out to customers ? Are these now the same as the internal VW stage numbers, or are these 2 cars really in the UK at dealers and awaiting parts ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
VW webchat couldn't help this week with the status due to the system being "down", but I've subsequently had confirmation from my dealer that my car is now Status Code 40 "UK Port" :cool:

I don't know if it got offloaded at Aquarius Ace's first UK port-of-call, Sheerness (which would make sense as I'm on the South Coast), or whether it went to Grimsby as others have reported theirs did... either way we're all hopefully in the queue for a spare lorry driver :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
davejo said:
If you Google VW tracker, it'll take you to a webpage (where the tracker itself isn't actually available anymore) but on that page if you start scrolling down a small blue speech bubble should appear in the bottom right hand corner, this is the webchat. Click that and it asks you for name, email and query, you'll then get through to someone to chat to. In order to track your vehicle you'll need an order number that starts with the number '3' - should be able to get from dealer.

I think the chat is open until 10pm most nights, be prepared to wait upwards of 10/20 minutes during busy times.

There are probably other ways to access but that's how I do it. Also this is on a mobile, not sure if different eg.. on a laptop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
davejo said:
If you Google VW tracker, it'll take you to a webpage (where the tracker itself isn't actually available anymore) but on that page if you start scrolling down a small blue speech bubble should appear in the bottom right hand corner, this is the webchat. Click that and it asks you for name, email and query, you'll then get through to someone to chat to. In order to track your vehicle you'll need an order number that starts with the number '3' - should be able to get from dealer.

I think the chat is open until 10pm most nights, be prepared to wait upwards of 10/20 minutes during busy times.

There are probably other ways to access but that's how I do it. Also this is on a mobile, not sure if different eg.. on a laptop.

201 - 220 of 248 Posts