Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went on to the chat and when I asked for the status of my order the reply was

Josh09:02 AM

Apologies, Dave. The order tracking system we use is not currently showing accurate vehicle status flags. This means the notifications being provided are incorrect and do not accurately show your vehicles status. We have Technicians working on this as we speak and we hope to have the issue rectified at the very earliest opportunity. Please do check back in with us next week when we hope to be able to provide accurate information for you. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.
I'm off to Wales on Monday so I'll check with the dealer when I get back. Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a nice looking R-Line (y)

I just had my dealer saying mine will be ready at more or less the same time as yours - some time between the 26th and 29th October. I am rather envious of your colour as I made the mistake of asking my son what colour he wanted and we have the silver/white :LOL: He gets to wash it as his penance. Is yours the "as is" R-Line or did you spec any options?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine arrived in the UK last Thursday, but no sign of it at the Dealership - so don't hold your breath just yet 🤦‍♂️

🤞

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just heard from dealer that my T-Roc is built and finished and is en-route from factory to here. Delivery given as "next month". With luck, could be driving the Red Monster in six weeks or so. Ordered on 6 June so that's around six months from start to finish. Not bad in the current circ's, I guess.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's a nice looking R-Line (y)

I just had my dealer saying mine will be ready at more or less the same time as yours - some time between the 26th and 29th October. I am rather envious of your colour as I made the mistake of asking my son what colour he wanted and we have the silver/white :LOL: He gets to wash it as his penance. Is yours the "as is" R-Line or did you spec any options?
Hi Jamie thanks for the nice comments, its the Urano Grey (wife's choice, I wanted white)
Electric tailgate
Keyless entry
Steel spare wheel
Manual lumber support
Rear view reversing camera
We spec'd the heated steering wheel but dealer said "it had been discontinued at time of order"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Booked in to pick it up on Friday (y)

Exactly one day earlier than the estimated date on the original order form I signed at the Dealership back at the end of June... very happy with that given all the global shortages 😁

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone, dealer just confirmed my T-Roc has now left the factory :)

No other details just that he'd let me know once it's close but should be here November.

I know there is some chat on here at times about different ships leaving/arriving so will keep an eye on which one might have mine on it but just excited at the prospect of having it in the next month (hopefully)!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I collected my R-Line today. I have to say it looked very striking compared to when I initially saw it in the showroom. The dealer has been very good, half a tank of petrol in it which at the current prices was probably pretty much all their profit margin eaten up 🤣 I'll post some pictures when I get around to setting it up tomorrow. For some reason, despite multiple attempts, we couldn't set up the user profiles or WeConnect. We tried the internal SIM, WiFi from the dealer, 2 phone hotspots and it refused so I'll give it another try tomorrow as VW's servers might be acting up. It drives very nicely, was surprisingly punchy and the satnav is so polite compared to the barking or orders from Google Maps! Coming from a Civic it's a very different seating and driving experience. I never really "loved" the Civic despite it being very capable, but Dwayne (as my son has christened it) seems a more likeable car all round.

The one thing I did notice is that the infotainment screen is an absolute fingerprint magnet so I ordered some screen protectors for it that should sort that out I hope. I saw on another thread there are felt liners for the glovebox so that might be something I look into later on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all,

I've had confirmation that I can pick my T Roc up on Saturday 6th November. I have signed the CRD and now I've got a reg number. Not bad going as I only ordered it on 4th October

Reactions: BillySmasher

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry Danniel I'm currently away at the moment and only just read this. I was told that it was from stock but when I asked last week where it was they said it 'was now in the country' so my guess is that it was an order that had been cancelled but was still in the process of being sent to UK.
Also it was pre-configured with the items shown in my sig as I never ordered those and they have not charged me for them either, so very pleased with the outcome so far

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry Danniel for some reason some of my posts required 'Moderators' approval and you didn't see my reply.

I have now picked up my car. Apparently it was already preconfigured in the factory and was enroute to UK when I went to the showroom to have a look and test drive a T-Roc. I was told that there weren't any car with the specs I wanted in the country. I said I was prepared to wait to get the configuration I wanted. The next day (Monday) he then had a word with his boss and then emailed me to say that the model I now have would be available soon.

I accepted that and when the details came through it had extras I didn't ask for but also wasn't charged for either. So that's the story so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ah I totally understand now dave my present golf was exactly the same it was preconfigured and had an optional winter pack and reverse camera I wanted the winter pack but it was a case of having this one or be almost 7 months away so I decided to have it
Happy motoring to you dave hope you are enjoying the t roc I’ve heard my new one is scheduled to be built end November but this date may be changed according to my dealer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Daniel. I hope yours comes quicker than expected. I'm loving the car so far and glad I made the switch

I did notice one thing. In another thread on here someone gives the coding for the vin numbers that show the model year, mine is 'N' which according to them makes mine a 2022 model

This is a site that tells you about it. https://www.clubvw.org.au/vwreference/vwvin/

I should add now that reading this the date letters go from 1st August to 31st July so maybe that's why mine is 2022

This is part of it WVGZZZA1ZNV03....not sure how that can happen unless I now have the updated version already.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Unless I now have the updated version already.
No, as you said above August onwards is classed as a 2022.
Face-lift model is due out at the start off 2022 sometime?
There's a topic on here about the face-lift model & at the minute everyone prefers the mrk1 model 👌😉

Reactions: Daniel Russell

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Yes, most manufacturers Model Years for European cars run from August to the following July and I believe this is partly to align with the date when new EU (emissions) regulations take effect. New model year cars may actually be built in late June/ early July as the EU allow an overlap period intended to assist stock run-down and the transition from the old to the new model year.

Reactions: Daniel Russell
221 - 240 of 248 Posts