Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my second t roc now for 11 months.
It's a 2.0 LTR R Line tsi dsg 4 motion in white with Pano roof and beats audio.
Bought it as an ex demonstrator with 700 miles on the clock.
All has been good so far and have now 4800 on the clock.
Just thought I would do a what can I sell it for now exercise with 5 online buyers.
Very surprised to see values of between £27.8 k and £29.2 k.

Presume if I sold it I could get a bit more.

So I have had nearly a years motoring for free !

Question, very happy with car although wife really does not like the harder ride qualities.
Thought I would have a quick look at the Peugeot 2008 , must say it does look pretty good and the infortainment screens and electronics in general do look very good.
Inside quality on plastic and seats etc looks also very good.
Have not road tested it as yet.

I think that I could be tempted but what model would I go for ?
Fav thing about current car is the dsg gearbox so I have no idea what the Peugeot box would be like, it's 8 speed apparently.
All this could be just a old man thing, who knows ?
Has any one else had a check on there car value ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, used car values are great right now. I've just traded in our T-Roc SE 1.0 for a Mazda CX30.

I found that other manufacturer dealers were super keen to bite my arm off and give me a great part exchange price, compared to what 5 VW dealers across London were offering me to "stay with the brand"...

Not sure if you're doing the PX thing, I'm sure private sales are equally as lucrative (new cars are harder to come by due to computer chip shortages and shipping delays!).

3008 is supposed to be "best in class" according to several reviewers, so I guess that at least makes it a great all rounder. Not sure how that translates to the 2008? I find the firmer ride current VW's offer is great as a driver, but I think other cars offer greater comfort, which perhaps is going to keep you in the family's good books!

Best of luck with whatever you decide, it's a seller's market...!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers
Thanks for helpful comments. It was a 2008 not 3008 as I want something slightly smaller.
Full E version in there showroom is 35 k !!!
Am not going for an electric version just yet.
What made you pick the Mazda C30 ?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't know much about the 2008 or indeed the 3008 but one thing I can say is, they're both brilliant looking cars 😍

I agree the 2008 is big enough and I'm guessing it's bigger than the T-Roc 🤔&#x1f937-2642;

·
Registered
454 Posts
Last week, out of interest, I obtained a price from webuyanycar.com for my September 68 reg T-ROC Design bought at £25.5k. They quoted £20k without knowing of my low 4000mls and extras.
I reckon 'Fords of Winsford' at Trafford would value mine at at £22k cash. They paid me £1k more than anyone else for my previous Mazda3........but I'm happy to keep the ROC for another 2 years.😁

·
Registered
428 Posts
I posted similar about a month ago .... my local VW dealer offered me £21k for my March 2019 R-line giving me approx +£6k equity.... I checked on CARWOW pretending to be looking for a Part-ex and had 3 offers around the £23k mark!!
Not ready to change yet as I've only done 11k miles in 30 monthe due to lockdown, haven't fully got to know the car yet .. maybe next March

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fidds t roc said:
What made you pick the Mazda C30 ?
Short answer, nothing else offered me the same driving experience and luxury feeling interior at the price point.

After being turned off by the lacklustre interest from VW dealers, I was looking at other options - we are just 2 of us, could survive with less practicality, but wanted a tow bar and a bit more power for longer journeys with our small boat on the back.

Test drove a CX30 and just fell in love, the interior is wonderful, and I've had an MK2 MX5 in the past so just love the Mazda manual gear box (so snappy) and I'm a sucker for a naturally aspirated engine! It won't be for everyone though, the VW group turbos give you a much more torquey response lower down the revs, but we have to rev our current 1L t roc to get going quickly under load so it's not a big change of driving style for us.

The CX30 is definitely a bit less roomy in terms of boot space and rear seats, but the value for money, lovely driver-centric experience and the "luxury" feeling interior outweighs this and had us sold.

We will be sad to say goodbye to our TRoc, though! Horses for courses, and by the looks of things you are looking at higher spec options than us. I'm not sure I'd choose an automatic CX30 over a TRoc DSG, based on the reviews… but it's all subjective and comes down to a test drive!

·
Registered
131 Posts
JAMCT said:
Last week, out of interest, I obtained a price from webuyanycar.com for my September 68 reg T-ROC Design bought at £25.5k. They quoted £20k without knowing of my low 4000mls and extras.
I reckon 'Fords of Winsford' at Trafford would value mine at at £22k cash. They paid me £1k more than anyone else for my previous Mazda3........but I'm happy to keep the ROC for another 2 years.😁
Nice to hear from you John, it's been a while!
Glad you've still got your T-roc and still happy with it.
Ours were one of the first few on the road if I remember rightly.
A pretty common sight nowadays but still a fine looking car. :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi Grant, yes still happy with my ROC. Covid has kerbed my motoring as well as having a poorly wife so mileage very low.
Not had any problems following recalls for rear spoiler replacement and squeaky rear brake pads . [Replaced during 2nd year service].
3rd Service/1st MOT booked for 1st September. Last year I took out Inchcape's 2 year service 'special offer' contract, so no cash needed this year or in 2022.
Hope you keep well,& happy motoring.

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Deleted user 925 said:
Interesting site, good stuff 😁👌👍😉

Screenshot_20210813_201236.jpg
What is the secondary width dimension (in brackets)? Is that including the mirrors or something?

·
Registered
466 Posts
twist said:
What is the secondary width dimension (in brackets)? Is that including the mirrors or something?
I would assume so 🤔👌

I think those two cars look better than the T-Roc not to mention the up & coming face-lift might make the T-Roc look worse 🤔&#x1f937-2642;

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Deleted user 925 said:
I think those two cars look better than the T-Roc not to mention the up & coming face-lift might make the T-Roc look worse 🤔&#x1f937-2642;
Really ?

I think they look pretty ugly, while the Roc is just pretty :D But not the face lift which is also an ugly duckling :evil:

Everyone to their own I suppose, otherwise we'd all be driving around in identical little boxes and miss talking about the neighbours and their new car :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just back from a road test of the 208 auto in very nice blue.
Looks nice from the outside.
Auto box very smooth, only the 100 bhp engine but not bad.
Ride not too disimmular to my Troc, firm but not as hard.
Steering very light.
Brakes very good.
Infortainment screen not to my liking also cockpit screen being different is not to my liking, unable to position steering wheel to see all of the screen,3d Not for me
Don't like the piano keys either, air con settings not easy to change when on the move.
Reversing camera screen small and not good quality.
Back seats cramped and rear doors small,
Only had an hour but these were the main points.
Now is decision time, just had an offer 1 k more than I paid 11 months ago ! So a free year.
Company arrives, checks car over, authorises bank transfer in full when complete car is loaded and taken to buyers place of sale.
Leaves me carless but with a wedge in the bank and a chance to move onto something else.
On the way home in the T roc it has me thinking.

Probably never get another chance to start over again and choose something else.

Another option is to spend more on outlay and move on to a Audi or small Merc

Online offer on for 3 days then you start again.

We will see what transpires.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Fidds t roc said:
only the 100 bhp engine but not bad....
Infortainment screen not to my liking also cockpit screen being different is not to my liking, unable to position steering wheel to see all of the screen,3d Not for me
Don't like the piano keys either, air con settings not easy to change when on the move.
Reversing camera screen small and not good quality.
Back seats cramped and rear doors small,
Only had an hour but these were the main points.
Now is decision time.
I'm assuming you ment the 2008?

Doesn't sound too positive then really &#x1f937-2642;

The T-roc has a 2 litre with 4motion, I wish I had it 🤔

·
Registered
466 Posts
Right, it was the 2008 in the original post, I like the 208's design as well 👌

To be fair I don't even use the 148bhp I have, so you're right 🤣😂🙈&#x1f937-2642;

·
Registered
454 Posts
I quite fancy the CUPRA FORMENTOR, but a bit too pricey for me🤔

1 - 20 of 33 Posts