Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

T- Roc Discounts - How soon

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  woakesaj 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have never bough a new car before, so out of my comfort zone.

I entered the very basic T- Roc model into Car WOW about 4 weeks ago, and got back offer equivalent to the basic price (no discount), and which late went up by about a thousand a week later.

In the member experience, how long does it take for new models to start to become available at something of a discount?

Thanks for any help

#3 ·
If you are part exchanging your old car, many dealers will over inflate the value of the old one to give a discount via other means.

As the car is so new Volkswagen don't allow any discount other than the £500 deposit contribution. This is the dealers way around it without admitting it.

My last car was taken on VW solutions. We tried to part ex it a few months back and it was in negative equity and the advice was to see out the contract until end of February and hand it back.

I tried two dealers for a price on the T Roc, but told them I wanted a one off best price without haggling and made it clear I was speaking to one other dealer for their best price.

First one was £500 VW deposit contribution, my car was in negative equity, but he gave me a £1000 more than I owed on it, effectively taking a grand off their profit.

Second dealer valued my car at £1750 above what was owed plus the £500 from VW. (And threw in the £80 cherished transfer plus mats and flaps)

That's who we are buying from. On paper they are charging me retail price and VW don't see it as them offering discounts. Win win.

#4 ·
Thanks very much for the replies on that - as I said buying new cars is something I have never done before.

I have checked the Broker you mentioned and it does show a discount - I wonder why Car WOW doesnt (?)

If you dont mind me asking, does using a broker like this pose any risks - do they require a deposit etc etc

#5 ·
UK standard sales operating procedures seem to be more complex than here in DK, but I got a 5% discount on my order for a new T-Roc from a VW/Skoda dealer I have dealt with for 10 years.

Clean cash transaction, no insurance or financing involved, no down payment.

#6 ·
Offshore said:
Thanks very much for the replies on that - as I said buying new cars is something I have never done before.

I have checked the Broker you mentioned and it does show a discount - I wonder why Car WOW doesnt (?)

If you dont mind me asking, does using a broker like this pose any risks - do they require a deposit etc etc
If they are a proper broker, like the one listed then you're fine. They are sourced from main dealers anyway, they might have like 10 to get rid of so can offer a good deal. There is usually a small fee to pay to the broker (couple of hundred), then you would just finance the car how you normally would, PCP, Cash, Loan etc.

CarWow puts you in touch with dealers who compete for your business, it might be worth trying again as a lot can change in a month and deals might start to come available.

I would avoid added extras from the dealers like GAP insurance, you can source this much cheaper online or use the discount here: https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=75

#7 ·
An other point to watch is changes in leasing deals. I ordered a 1.5 SEL in early December from Leeds Volkswagen through What Cars search engine. A week or so ago I checked the same car specification again and found a £21 per month reduction from the same dealer. I immediately approached them and they straight away reduced my quote to match the online amount.
Worth checking!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.