Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of trading my 2020 T-Roc Design in for a new T-Roc R-Line, but my current car has the electric boot feature.
I can't find any mention of this on VW's site re: the new facelift model. Does anyone know if this is a thing they actually do now?

Cheers!

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of trading my 2020 T-Roc Design in for a new T-Roc R-Line, but my current car has the electric boot feature.
I can't find any mention of this on VW's site re: the new facelift model. Does anyone know if this is a thing they actually do now?

Cheers!
Apparently not at the minute!
It wasn't an option on the configurator.

Maybe the chip shortage is the cause 馃

Reactions: Meegz

Registered
Hi Meegz
The chip shortage that Vernerbongo2 mentioned is probably the reason VW have removed the electric boot feature from the options, I think they also changed the lighting options as well, apparently to speed up delivery times due to chip shortages. I have the electric boot and would certainly miss not having it if I ordered another T roc, I鈥檓 trying to hold out to see if they decide to put a hybrid version out later next year!

Registered
Yes the new t-roc have a electric boot,don't forget the options for the models of t-roc it isn't equal for all countries, and at this time the chips it is not a problem for the t-roc,also the new 1.5 Evo it is not a problem,if someone want a new t-roc hybrid must wait to 2026 (t-roc mark3)

Registered
Yes correct there are different options available in other countries. The UK swallow up a lot of chips that鈥檚 why there is a shortage! 馃槱

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, that's disappointing!

I've been invited to a "Volkswagen VIP Event" which I'm aware is just a marketing/sales thing in the dealer's best interest but they say that if you attend then you get an offer code to use "at a later date" to pre-order a new vehicle. Really I'm just falling foul of their marketing techniques. :rolleyes:

Registered
Hi Meegz
Yes they tend to have have them now and then when sales are a little slow and I鈥檝e just had an invite, I tend to go when I鈥檓 ready to buy with quotes from other car suppliers ie Carwow, Drive the Deal etc as a starting point and also have a fixed price for my trade in vehicle, they tend to say we can鈥檛 guarantee trade in prices because of delivery times for the new vehicle but if you push it and walk away they generally compromise.

Registered
2017 R-Line Polo TSI Black Pearl (5 speed petrol)
Hi,

Cheers!
Currently unavailable for UK models, unless you want to travel to Ireland and pick one up there. the specs are all different. you can have the IQ matrix lights in Ireland as well as an option.

Registered
I enquired at VW UK and was told that the electric tailgate is currently not available but maybe sometime in the future.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason why particular features are offered or not. Deal breaker for me as wife's back not up to pulling tailgate down manually.

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Currently unavailable for UK models, unless you want to travel to Ireland and pick one up there. the specs are all different. you can have the IQ matrix lights in Ireland as well as an option.
No electric tailgate available as an option in Ireland either but as you say the IQ light pack is available.
I also notice the colour range is slightly different, no ascot grey but lapiz is available. (Edit: ascot grey is there)

Very hard to compare the final price compared to the UK specs but looks as if the UK's pricing is way better 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
I bought the new facelift R-line and can confirm that it comes with the electronic tailgate. I am from South Africa though.
t-roc 1.4 cx 8?

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

Registered
No electric tailgate available as an option in Ireland either but as you say the IQ light pack is available.
I also notice the colour range is slightly different, no ascot grey but lapiz is available. (Edit: ascot grey is there)

Very hard to compare the final price compared to the UK specs but looks as if the UK's pricing is way better 馃し鈥嶁檪锔
You can get it as an option in Ireland:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

The UK is the ONLY country in Europe that doesn't offer the option. Even other LHT (left-hand traffic) countries outside Europe, like South Africa, offer it. Ridiculous situation here. VW UK should be ashamed. If someone is willing to wait for a longer delivery, but have the option, then let them have the choice!

Registered
VW(UK) just don鈥檛 seem to care about UK apart from maximising profit to pay for Dieselgate claims running into multi millions 拢.
Reviews of car companies suggest product quality and customer service have both declined over the last few years. Far Eastern makes now dominating both quality and customer service; and that鈥檚 before Chinese makes have launched in volume in Europe. Unless VAG group shake up their ideas and start concentrating on customers I can foresee a time when they end up the same way as English car makers did........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts