Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Hi @Gerry , welcome to the forum. I don't mean to be facetious, but how did you try to open the filler flap ? I would hope you didn't try pulling it and that you knew to simply press it in (at the rear) and it pops out and can then be opened fully by hand. No force needed. This can only be done after the car has been unlocked, as the filler flap is protected by the central locking system.

Also, how long have you had your car and is it under warranty ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. I've had the car for over a year and am fully aware how to open it correctly.. as I have done without incident on dozens of occasions. I pressed today and the cover came off, looks like a lug has snapped!
I bought extended warranty with the car which is now 4 years old and low mileage. I thought there may be an easy way to pop it back on without bothering the dealer!

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
I would agree @Impala, warranty job is the best idea & if it's a matter of popping it on the dealer will have experience 🤔

Here's a photo/description of how it should go on.

Looks like you line the filler cover lugs between the hinged flap lugs & slide to the left? (flap hinge opened out)

Naval architecture Font Circle Urban design Diagram

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen on my car when filling up a little while back! The cover popped off and after a few attempts I managed to slide it back into the grooves and it hasn’t happened again since but I’m now a bit cautious when opening the cover. Hope it works out for you too!

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Any of the lugs broken or bent ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the exact same thing happen on my car when filling up a little while back! The cover popped off and after a few attempts I managed to slide it back into the grooves and it hasn’t happened again since but I’m now a bit cautious when opening the cover. Hope it works out for you too!
Thank you. Slid back on easily and seems secure.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It is very easy, less than a minute to do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts