Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am soon to be the owner of a new T Roc 1.6Tdi R Line, ordered this afternoon from stock, I will be picking it up in ten days. Now to get rid of my current car............ Webuyanycar here I come, unless anyone else has got a better suggestion?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it informative.

As a Manchester resident I received £12,200 for a Mazda3 from the Trafford, Urmston, Manchester outlet of "Ford's of Winsford" compared to an offer of £11,500 from Webuyanycar. My second best offer was £11,780 from Evans Halshaw.

FoW is not a Ford Motor Car company but one of the North West' s largest independent used-car retailers with premises in Trafford (adj The Trafford Centre shopping mall) and the main site in Winsford, Cheshire.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Congratulations on ordering your T-Roc. I also ordered mine yesterday, but a factory build, so will be 2019 before mine arrives

Worth looking at confused.com - https://www.confused.com/campaign/ppc-campaign/sell-my-car?&mediacode=&mckv=s53FgRMNy_dc|pcrid|294688351840|pkw|sell%20car|pmt|e|slid||pgrid|53524160053|ptaid|kwd-36275500&mkwid=53FgRMNy&pdv=c&intent=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiafg5aKX3gIVCud3Ch1tagdYEAAYBSAAEgIw1vD_BwE

as they go across a number of sites, not just WBAC. There is also Evans Hailshaw who suggest they can give a better price than WBAC (although not in my case).

Motorway also gets good reviews
https://motorway.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7enplqeX3gIVS7DtCh1wHwsnEAAYASAAEgLLvfD_BwE

I've also had good results through advertising on Autotrader.

Google "car buying" or "car buying services" and try a few for quotes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I have had a quote from motorway.co.uk and also carshop, they both beat WBAC's quote. It's just a case of deciding which way to go.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Maybe worth looking if your local kia dealer will purchase the car from you. I had several quotes from various places to buy my arona including those suggested above. I tried the dealership why I had originally purchased the car and they beat the best quote by some margin. No guarantee it will work for you but no harm in trying. I also tried Mike brewer buys your car which also gives good prices.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
Maybe worth looking if your local kia dealer will purchase the car from you. I had several quotes from various places to buy my arona including those suggested above. I tried the dealership why I had originally purchased the car and they beat the best quote by some margin. No guarantee it will work for you but no harm in trying. I also tried Mike brewer buys your car which also gives good prices.
I tried the KIA dealer I purchased from initially, still hasn't replied to my email! Great customer service there. I was also given a guaranteed quote by carshop.co.uk, beating WBAC.com so I made an appointment this morning and travelled to their local branch. Upon inspection I was informed the car was in immaculate condition and they were happy to purchase it for £600 less than the guaranteed price quoted yesterday. I asked why so big a difference and was informed prices fluctuate, WTF? £600 fluctuation in 12 hours, I then questioned the guaranteed price and was told, 'it's only a rough valuation', to which I replied, no I did the detailed report online and you guaranteed this price for 7 days. At this point I lost interest trying to negotiate with these parasites picked up my keys and left, they still tried to convince me it was a good offer!

I quickly booked an appointment with my local WBAC.com branch and completed the sale within 30 minutes of arriving for the price guaranteed on their valuation. I would highly recommend their service to anyone thinking of trading a car in and I won't hesitate to use them again, they also paid £1000 more than i'd been quoted as a trade-in by my local VW dealership.

Roll on Tuesday and I can pick up my new T-Roc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Hugger,

Congratulations on the new car. I was just wondering how your finding 1.6 TDI. Im considering getting one on lease. Ideally I'd like the 2.0 but it's slightly out of budget with the R spec. I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the engines capability and the car in general.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.