Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts
G

·
brid said:
Could one of you OBD11 boffins advise me.
Whereas many UK Rocs come voice enabled here it is not the case.
Disregarding the "its no good" comments which to be fair may be the case, in my other car I do find it useful at times
and do miss this function.

Please are you able to tell me if it is possible to activate / deactivate this facility via the OBD11 equipment.
Regards
You need a voice command button on the right hand side of the steering wheel to start with,have you got one?
It's a volkswagen dealership activation for this one, a SWAP code is needed.
Noticed on another forum its around £280 to get done. :?

Funnily enough I tried mine for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to phone someone.
Ended up going through the touch screen :lol:

·
Registered
376 Posts
vernerbongo2 said:
brid said:
Disregarding the "its no good" comments which to be fair may be the case, in my other car I do find it useful at times

Please are you able to tell me if it is possible to activate / deactivate this facility via the OBD11 equipment.
Regards
You need a voice command button on the right hand side of the steering wheel to start with,have you got one?

Funnily enough I tried mine for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to phone someone.
Many thanks for the info.
Yes l do have the button and when pressed up comes the goto dealer message.
Pity the OBD 11 unit won't do this, now l really will have to consider as to whether it's worth the outlay. :ugeek:

G

·
brid said:
vernerbongo2 said:
brid said:

Regards

Many thanks for the info.
Yes l do have the button and when pressed up comes the goto dealer message.
Pity the OBD 11 unit won't do this, now l really will have to consider as to whether it's worth the outlay. :ugeek:
Edited :
Reading other thread's and definitely a dealer activation.
Others have mentioned voice activation works with android auto and apple carplay but limited. (hold button in longer)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
vernerbongo2 said:
Edited :
Reading other thread's and definitely a dealer activation.
Others have mentioned voice activation works with android auto and apple carplay but limited. (hold button in longer)
Don't bother with voice activation via Siri, it's literally hopeless. I have to scream the command for her to understand and usually she still gets confused. Google Assistant is years ahead of Siri.

G

·
Chrisnik said:
Does anyone know how i can set basic settings to xenon headlights through odbeleven?
I installed a new suspension and the headlights are low.
I take it you mean LED headlights?
You're best just to adjust them manually at each headlight,or professionally.
I could do with adjusting mine, the dipped headlights are to low and the beam distance is pathetic.
Nearly knocked a pedestrian down last year, luckily he jumped onto a grass ditch. (Pitch black with uncoming traffic)
Never seen him until I was on him :shock:

https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4352&hilit=Headlight+adjustment&start=30

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes led lights and sorry for my mistake.
I knew that i could adjust them manually.... But i thought that it could be better to adjust via odbeleven. So i will take the screw and do it as we my previous cars.
I drove yesterday night 400miles and i hardly see anything over 10metres.... :shock:

G

·
Chrisnik said:
Yes led lights and sorry for my mistake.
I knew that i could adjust them manually.... But i thought that it could be better to adjust via odbeleven. So i will take the screw and do it as we my previous cars.
I drove yesterday night 400miles and i hardly see anything over 10metres.... :shock:
Seems you still have to do it manually along with diagnostics anyway so I'm not sure what the reason for diagnostics are?
According to golf and tiguan forums the self leveling system doesn't lower the lights after upward adjustment anyway.

G

·
Just reading in a few forums that vag have changed their diagnostics /module coding security on up and coming new cars which will make the obdeleven redundant for future car's.
Voltas IT who currently have a vag licence for obdeleven use are currently in talks with vag. :?

·
Registered
72 Posts
vernerbongo2 said:
Just reading in a few forums that vag have changed their diagnostics /module coding security on up and coming new cars which will make the obdeleven redundant for future car's.
Voltas IT who currently have a vag licence for obdeleven use are currently in talks with vag. :?
Not a surprise that VAG is trying this. Not sure if it is already live but saw in a video about the new VW Golf that your could turn on or off lane assist, adaptive cruisecontrol and other features based on some kind of a monthly/yearly subscription. If this will be part of some sort of new business model you don't want people to buy the cheapest version and then turn on everything themselves.

Also the OBD socket in the car is obligated by European law for cars with Co2 emission. So some of the Electric cars don't even have a OBD socket, like Tesla. Time will tell what VW will do.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Sanchez999 said:
vernerbongo2 said:
Not a surprise that VAG is trying this. Not sure if it is already live but saw in a video about the new VW Golf that your could turn on or off lane assist, adaptive cruisecontrol and other features based on some kind of a monthly/yearly subscription. If this will be part of some sort of new business model you don't want people to buy the cheapest version and then turn on everything themselves.

Also the OBD socket in the car is obligated by European law for cars with Co2 emission. So some of the Electric cars don't even have a OBD socket, like Tesla. Time will tell what VW will do.
I read a report a few days ago about BMW adopting this business model. Fit everything on all cars, then allow owners to request turning features on/off on a subscription basis. Don't recall if it was per month or year. My first thought was how they would make this secure when they can't get keyless entry secure after years of trying (or not).

·
Registered
105 Posts
doggy said:
doggy said:
I'll take a look at it tomorrow at the end of the day. I've got the electric boot and on mine it works also for closing it. It's just that you have to be on the back of the car an close to the boot for it to work
Shoot! I forgot to check that; I got too busy cleaning it the other day : :lol:
Did this get checked. Mine doesn't close from key, although I'll try it closer to the boot now lol. Any ideas??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Funkyfin2000 said:
doggy said:
doggy said:
I'll take a look at it tomorrow at the end of the day. I've got the electric boot and on mine it works also for closing it. It's just that you have to be on the back of the car an close to the boot for it to work
Did this get checked. Mine doesn't close from key, although I'll try it closer to the boot now lol. Any ideas??
Yes, you need to be very close to the boot for it to work

·
Registered
105 Posts
doggy said:
Funkyfin2000 said:
doggy said:
Yes, you need to be very close to the boot for it to work
Information on another post suggests that boot closing from key only works if you have key less. Can anyone tell me if you could code it if you don't have keyless?

·
Registered
466 Posts
So obdeleven & volkswagen have come to an arrangement to unlock the SFD (module lock) on their latest cars.
I notice on first use you have to give your full name, email address, phone number & country.
I wonder if it would work with false details 🤔🤷‍♂️

Font Screenshot Number Circle Rectangle

Reactions: twist

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Scheiße ... ich habe OK gedrückt, oder du könntest den Lichtschalter einfach auf Auto stellen

😄🤣😅

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
466 Posts
Shit ... I pressed OK or you could just flip the light switch to Auto

😄🤣😅
Why on earth did I not think of that 🤷‍♂️🤔😂🤣🤪

There's at least 3 pains in the butt for more recent owners everytime they start their T-roc !
Start/stop
Lane assist
Turn on dipped headlights message

I certainly couldn't be bothered turning off all that crap everytime I start my car 😉

101 - 120 of 129 Posts