·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Many thanks for the information .. there seems so much to take in, perhaps it's a good thing that I don't expect delivery before December!!

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
This is an old topic but I'm posting here to keep it all together in one place.

Firstly, I've attached what I believe are better PDF versions of the T-Roc Owner's Manual and Composition & Discover Media Infotainment Manual. I don't know what happened with the PDF's uploaded by Brid, but the following are closer to the printed versions, apart from some images that are split across 2 pages :?

View attachment T-Roc Owner's Manual edition 11.2017.pdf
View attachment Composition & Discover Media Infotainment Manual edition 11.2017.pdf

Now, the main purpose of this post is to discuss the current (May 2019) position regarding these manuals. The PDF's previously attached by Brid and now by myself are for the same versions, namely edition 11.2017 and are now quite old. Most people whose cars were built in the past 6 months or so will probably have edition 11.2018 (sometimes written as 2018.11) of both manuals, as I received with my car last week.

I thought it would be useful to get newer PDF versions too, but when I tried to download the Owner's Manual, the VW web site returned an error message stating 'Unfortunately, this service is not available at this time. Please try again later.'. As others have posted this a few times over the past 9 months or so, I decided to ask VW Customer Services what was going on and this is the reply I've received;

'I have spoken to our Product Support Team who have advised, due to Owners Manuals migrating to the new editorial system for launch later in 2019, it is not possible to access/view Owner Manuals for those vehicles produced from week 48/2018.

Therefore, you will not be able to view the handbook until you get the vehicle, as the online feature is undergoing an overhaul and won't be available until July at the earliest. I do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
'

So not only have VW dragged their feet trying to catch kangaroos, they are taking 8 months just to update their online service for downloading manuals. Surely they should have had the new system ready BEFORE they pulled the plug on the old one. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Still no pdf for newer models. Not sure why VW can't get them scanned in.

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Tigermad said:
Maybe they are reading all the posts on this and other forums about the errors and omissions in the manuals. That's probably wishful thinking.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Impala said:
Tigermad said:
Maybe they are reading all the posts on this and other forums about the errors and omissions in the manuals. That's probably wishful thinking.
So when I pick my car up will the hard copy be wrong too then? Is it that bad then?

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
The PDF and hardcopy are pretty much the same in terms of clarity ... poor, but the most recent hardcopy has quite a lot of differences from the previous one (as in the current PDF). I think they only update the hardcopy once a year, and the pdf just follows that (when they get round to it).

The main problem is not so much what is in the manual, it is about what is not there, and the lack of detail. Too much of the manual is devoted to constantly repeating the safety warnings (VW disclaimers), then glossing over the info which owners really need.

The best way to learn about your car is to skim the manual and concentrate on the parts of most interest. Then sit in the car with the manual, switch on the ignition as many functions require that, and go through the various settings menus and functions. Don't rush to make changes immediately, but take the time to understand the choices and what they do. Once you have done that you will be in a far better position to set things the way you want/like. Although people have their own preferences, most tend to leave things alone once they have them set the way THEY want.

I noticed from one of your other posts that both you and your hubby will drive the car, so it is worth knowing that some settings can be stored (personalised) for up to 4 drivers. These are stored in profiles which are given default names of Driver 1, Driver 2 etc. but you can change the names to something of your own choice.

If some/many of your custom settings are the same as your partner's (eg radio stations, Active Info dials etc.) then it can be simpler and quicker to set up one profile and then copy that to another, then make fine adjustments to the copy as needed.

The first profile will be selected as the default when you switch on the ignition, but you can scroll through and select a different profile using the multi-function steering wheel controls. However, the best way is to use the key personalisation which can associate a different profile for each key. That way, the correct profile is selected automatically according to the key used to unlock the car, one for you and one for hubby.

A word of warning ... the current settings are stored in the profile for the key used to lock the car, so don't unlock the car with one key and then lock it with a different key, otherwise the settings stored for the first key will also be stored for the second key. However, on the plus side, any changes you make are automatically stored to your profile without having to go through any special process.

Annoyingly, the normal door mirror positions are not stored in the personalised profiles, but the near side mirror kerb-view position is stored for each key.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks for the detailed reply. That's a shame about the door mirrors. Bit weird they don't store the normal positions for each driver. I have the profile thing on my Skoda Superb at the moment but it also adjusts the seats which is great. I will miss that. I am getting keyless entry so if we both have our keys I assume it will store the settings to the key that's nearest the drivers door. Mine gets confused sometimes. Hubby will open the drivers door but it will have my radio stations. Or his radio stations and my individual driving settings :) doesn't happen very often though. Lots of the info will be very similar to my Skoda since it's part of the same group so I'm sure I will get used to it pretty quick. Never had the digital display which I'm looking forward to.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tigermad said:
Thanks for the detailed reply. That's a shame about the door mirrors. Bit weird they don't store the normal positions for each driver. I have the profile thing on my Skoda Superb at the moment but it also adjusts the seats which is great. I will miss that. I am getting keyless entry so if we both have our keys I assume it will store the settings to the key that's nearest the drivers door. Mine gets confused sometimes. Hubby will open the drivers door but it will have my radio stations. Or his radio stations and my individual driving settings :) doesn't happen very often though. Lots of the info will be very similar to my Skoda since it's part of the same group so I'm sure I will get used to it pretty quick. Never had the digital display which I'm looking forward to.
Hi Tigermad, Any news from your Dealer about when you might be able to take delivery? Your car arrived in the UK about a week before ours. Trying to plan work schedules around if ours might be the last week of September or first week of October.

·
Registered
535 Posts
FamilyMan said:
Tigermad said:
Hi Tigermad, Any news from your Dealer about when you might be able to take delivery? Your car arrived in the UK about a week before ours. Trying to plan work schedules around if ours might be the last week of September or first week of October.
Hi. Picking mine up on Thursday. It arrived at the dealers early last week but because he's out the office 2 days a week nothing was done for a few days. We had to work around them for collection dates too :( Not too long now though.

The problem with Setubal at the moment is there is no vehicle ship imminent to there going to Sheerness and hasn't been for nearly a week. That's why some people's have been in transit for a while.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tigermad said:
FamilyMan said:
Tigermad said:
Hi. Picking mine up on Thursday. It arrived at the dealers early last week but because he's out the office 2 days a week nothing was done for a few days. We had to work around them for collection dates too :( Not too long now though.

The problem with Setubal at the moment is there is no vehicle ship imminent to there going to Sheerness and hasn't been for nearly a week. That's why some people's have been in transit for a while.
Many thanks TigerMad for your reply.
Our Dealer confirmed early last Friday morning what we had had learnt from VW that our car was somewhere in the UK. Hopefully Sheerness. It has to go through some PDI checks to make sure it's not been damaged in shipping before being released to our dealers transport network. On the basis you are collecting your car on Thursday I suspect our car will be available on Thursday or Friday of next week.
Good Luck with your car, I hope it's Roo free. Looking forward to seeing pictures of it on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
I have now converted the 25.09.2020 version of the T-Roc Owner's Manual to a PDF file and added bookmarks (contents) for easy navigation.

The PDF file cannot be uploaded to the forum due to its size (~ 40 MB), so I have placed a copy on Google Docs which can be viewed/downloaded using the link provided below.

T-Roc Owner's Manual edition 25.09.2020

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UOKsnUbSK5e7OF8zqa4CVU1n-nuKufdI/view

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.