Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everyone's T-Roc same as mine not painted underside of the bonnet and along the inner wing edges?
Talked to my dealer and he says they are delivered like that, checked in the showroom and they were correct.
Penny pinching or what!!
Vehicle Hood Computer Bumper Automotive design
Tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

A Polo approx half the price I paid for the T-Roc was painted?

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Bopper,
Did you manage to get anymore info your 'non' painted bonnet underside?

I for one would also be interested to know this as I'm sure others would be-
Anyone care to come back to 'Boppers' question to enlighten us all?

Regards-Geoff

·
Registered
202 Posts
Most cars are like this now on 'not seen all the time' places. Not just VW, but most manufacturers.
It's still 'galvanised' (or similar), still painted, but not got the shiney clear-coat. So, don't worry it's all fine (just looks a bit naff).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just to follow on from the above, the paintwork on our T-Roc is much better than recent VW's we've had. Less 'orange-peel' effect, that seems to be the norm these days with robot painters. I haven't found any defect/blemish anywhere. So what Portugal are providing seems to be a well painted VDub. Hope everyone else's is good too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I for one are disappointed by this, once you know how it is you see through the gap around the bonnet every time you wash or polish or even glance at the front end.
Tha fact that a Polo was finished properly only added salt to the wound.
My sister in laws Hyundai is painted around these edges!
I've sent an e mail to VW customer service expressing my dissatisfaction probably get zilch in reply.
My dealers paint shop is also querying the problem, will keep you posted when/if I hear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.