Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

We are tempted to order the VW T-Roc R this weekend but have a couple of queries for you owners:-
  1. Does it come with DAB as standard or is this only as part of the upgraded nav system?
  2. Is DCC worth it? Does ‘Comfort’ mode make a significant difference?
  3. Does it really not come with heated front seats as standard?
  4. Any other must have options?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have one on order - expected August (although that remains to be seen!). DAB will be standard I'm sure, but the question of heated front seats is a weird one. The configurator says that the "R-Line" has them as standard, but they are part of the "winter pack" on the R.

It's a little ambiguous because under "features of R-Line" it clearly says heated front seats, and under the R it says "key standard featured (over R-Line)" implying that the seats are also standard on the R.

I suspect however that they're not, which is a shocking omission on a car of that standard. Not a deal-breaker for me but would have been nice to have!

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
DAB will be standard I'm sure
I'm not sure about DAB being standard, as some others have posted about DAB being absent when they got thir cars. There seems to be a move to Internet Radio, but again I'm not sure if that is standard and if it uses the built-in VW SIM for the internet feed or if you have to provide your own internet connection.

the question of heated front seats is a weird one. The configurator says that the "R-Line" has them as standard, but they are part of the "winter pack" on the R.
When I bought my car in 2019, the Winter Pack (comprising heated front seats, heated windscreen washer jets and low washer fluid warning light) was standard on the R-Line and optional on other trim levels, so that essentially meant the heated seats were 'standard' on the R-Line as they were part of the Winter Pack but they were not available as a stand-alone option or fitted as standard by themselves on any trim level.

I haven't checked the details in today's configurator, so that may have changed over the past 3 years.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Do they do a cooled steering wheel for hot countries?
you can nearly burn your hands on the steering wheel some days

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 uk model R, I love it, absolutely brilliant car. I dont have DCC (probably the only thing missing) but I had it in my old Golf R and never used it on anything other than comfort, race mode might be good for marble flat roads or racetracks but I dont miss not having it.. The Roc R, to me it still feels pretty firm due to the lower ride height and would guess if I did have DCC I would leave it in comfort anyway :)

Weirdly mine does have heated front seats but I dont have the winter pack (no heated washers) but I bought it at 10 months old so not sure if it was spec'd as an option.

Mine does have DAB and every R spec VW I have seen does have it but again not sure if thats standard or just something they chose.

Must have options for me are the reversing camera, I didnt have this on my Golf R but had sensors which I thought I could never live without but after getting the camera I love it and dont think I could do without it.
Also love the adaptive cruise control but I think thats standard on R models.
Lane assist (which I have) is a weird one for me, half the time it annoys me so off it goes but on a long motorway journey, especially if its dark and raining its quite comforting to feel it gently tug you back into the middle of the lane if for whatever reason you should happen to stray.

The only other thing I have that I love is cosmetic, I have the running boards and for me they really make the car (and can be quite useful for getting in and out) but I think thats pretty marmite and guess a lot of people cant stand them :)

Thanks,

Z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts