Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I don't want to alarm you,but this problem has arisen in some engines in T-Roc R mark 2,tests were done, injectors changed, engines changed,but there are still cases according to some information, you must complain about the problems that the engine has, even if they have to change the engine and program it again,complain,complain

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate,
it is in with VW at the minute the silence is deafening which says to me they don’t know or they are putting off putting a new engine in a car that’s done 200 miles either way it’s absolutely ridiculous

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Thanks mate,
it is in with VW at the minute the silence is deafening which says to me they don’t know or they are putting off putting a new engine in a car that’s done 200 miles either way it’s absolutely ridiculous
Make a complaint in writing (or email) and send it to dealer General Manager and copy to VW Customer Services. Make it clear that you reserve the right to reject the vehicle if the problem cannot be resolved to your satisfaction within a reasonable time.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If the engine has been rattling etc. I’d get rid of the car. Get them to take it back.
it’s got the Gen 4 engine not sure about the R but the 190ps version of the 2.0TSI has much higher injector pressure and quite a bit higher compression ratio the Gen3 was 11.65 compression ratio and the gen 4 is 12.35 compression ratio figures approx I can’t remember exactly but quite a jump like the injector pressure. Some times you are better with the tried and tested technology. All a bit worrying with a new car.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,911 Posts
How are they missing these issues during testing? This sounds like another “kangaroo” type issue where VW has missed something major due to inadequate testing and will fob customers off trying to make out it’s a “characteristic of the engine.” Or offer a software update that merely masks the problem.

I’d hope not on a car that costs what the R does but…

@Seal how common is the problem? 1 in 100? 1 in 1000?

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
414 Posts
The EA888 2.0 litre engine has a two stage oil pump controlled by software. For the first 600KM it runs at full pressure all the time while running in. May be the Gen 4 engine has a new oil pump with problems??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How are they missing these issues during testing? This sounds like another “kangaroo” type issue where VW has missed something major due to inadequate testing and will fob customers off trying to make out it’s a “characteristic of the engine.” Or offer a software update that merely masks the problem.

The EA888 2.0 litre engine has a two stage oil pump controlled by software. For the first 600KM it runs at full pressure all the time while running in. May be the Gen 4 engine has a new oil pump with problems??
Yeah it’s not great 200 miles in it had a nice steady motorway drive didn’t even give it any. Might as well have now make it or break it 😂

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
@OlliCooper - The title of this topic and several posts have mentioned engine oil pressure but you haven't actually said what the oil pressure is on your car and how it is changing and showing a problem. It would be helpful, especially for other R owners, if you can provide some details.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On a cold start RPM above 2000 oil pressure light comes on then a rattle from timing chain trying to correct itself as there is no oil pressure .can’t really say anymore than that as VW have it. Granted not doing much with it but they have it

·
Registered
65 Posts
Again...........You haven't told us what your dealer is telling you and perhaps we should hear the their side of the story before making judgements and taking sides, however I am sure they will know exactly what the problem is and how to rectify it. VW will be picking up the bill for this and your dealer will be waiting for instructions from VW and for them to sanction the work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh....another thing, I would avoid making threats or official complaints. This isn't your dealers fault, they have their reputation to think of and will want to help you and in return you want them on your side. Be firm, but start getting snotty with them and...............well would you want to help anyone who gets snotty with you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
On a cold start RPM above 2000 oil pressure light comes on then a rattle from timing chain trying to correct itself as there is no oil pressure .can’t really say anymore than that as VW have it. Granted not doing much with it but they have it
Again...........You haven't told us what your dealer is telling you and perhaps we should hear the their side of the story before making judgements and taking sides, however I am sure they will know exactly what the problem is and how to rectify it. VW will be picking up the bill for this and your dealer will be waiting for instructions from VW and for them to sanction the work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Oh....another thing, I would avoid making threats or official complaints. This isn't your dealers fault, they have their reputation to think of and will want to help you and in return you want them on your side. Be firm, but start getting snotty with them and...............well would you want to help anyone who gets snotty with you?
[/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts