Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Golf GTD Dolphin Grey
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m due to take delivery of my lapiz blue R in September / October…
I’m aware I won’t have the electric boot option but the dealer are still unsure if I’ll have the Matrix lights with me choosing an R.
I’m annoyed because I’m going from a Mk8 GTD which has the Matrix lights so I was kind of expecting to get the same seeing as I’m upgrading car massively?
Can anyone help?
Thanks

·
Registered
2017 R-Line Polo TSI Black Pearl (5 speed petrol)
63 Posts
A
I’m due to take delivery of my lapiz blue R in September / October…
I’m aware I won’t have the electric boot option but the dealer are still unsure if I’ll have the Matrix lights with me choosing an R.
I’m annoyed because I’m going from a Mk8 GTD which has the Matrix lights so I was kind of expecting to get the same seeing as I’m upgrading car massively?
Can anyone help?
Thanks
According to the current standard equipment you will have LED plus lamps and the lower drls in the bumper trim. It's the same as the Cabriolet. I had a long chat with my dealer about it 4 months ago when we all realised the R-line had its lower drls removed and the LED plus lights changed to just LED lights with daytime runners built in. I had an email from VW UK head office confirming the same as well. Matrix LEDs were the optional extra with the light bar in the grille. Another confusing saga in configuration. Later, VWUK then told me I could have the LED plus lamps in my R-Line together with the lower drls, but at an extra £1,650 and a longer lead time on the vehicle ( Still week 37) Needless to say I declined. It was 'standard' when I ordered it, but because they wanted to process stuff through quicker due to all the parts shortages they took it off the list of equipment and removed some optionals. I hope I'm wrong about your matrix lights, but I don't think so. I think you're going to get the plus lights with the lower drls.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts
A
According to the current standard equipment you will have LED plus lamps and the lower drls in the bumper trim. It's the same as the Cabriolet. I had a long chat with my dealer about it 4 months ago when we all realised the R-line had its lower drls removed and the LED plus lights changed to just LED lights with daytime runners built in. I had an email from VW UK head office confirming the same as well. Matrix LEDs were the optional extra with the light bar in the grille. Another confusing saga in configuration. Later, VWUK then told me I could have the LED plus lamps in my R-Line together with the lower drls, but at an extra £1,650 and a longer lead time on the vehicle ( Still week 37) Needless to say I declined. It was 'standard' when I ordered it, but because they wanted to process stuff through quicker due to all the parts shortages they took it off the list of equipment and removed some optionals. I hope I'm wrong about your matrix lights, but I don't think so. I think you're going to get the plus lights with the lower drls.
What exactly are LED plus lights in comparison to LED lights 🤔

The old R-line, SEL & some limited editions had LED headlights.

·
Registered
63 Posts
From what I've seen looking at the Style version, they have the same housing as the Matrix lights but not the same innards. There isn't a lot of info on what the Plus lights actually are, but I'm assuming they don't split the light beam in quote the same way as the Matrix would.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts
From what I've seen looking at the Style version, they have the same housing as the Matrix lights but not the same innards. There isn't a lot of info on what the Plus lights actually are, but I'm assuming they don't split the light beam in quote the same way as the Matrix would.
Very vague indeed 👌
maybe not any better than the previous version? 🤔
Maybe just a fancy new name & housing !

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
I'm amazed that they can sell cars where the specs are unknown and constantly changing. I know they will have some disclaimer about specs and equipment being subject to change, but surely at some point they should know exactly what will be fitted and if it has changed from the point of order then the customer should have the right either to a price reduction or to cancel the order at no cost.

Until things stabilise, I for one will not be placing an order in the hope that I get what I thought I was getting.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just seen the Configurator is back as normal now. Gremlins. I know it annoyed the hell out of me for a while. I hope anyone reading these threads does a thorough job of checking specs out so they don't end up disappointed. VW aren't making it easy though.🙈

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m also waiting for a new R to be delivered - deciphering the specs is a nightmare these days, partly because of the chip shortage and also because the vw specs themselves are far from clear. I hope @Caster chimes in here - he already has a 2022 R and will be able to answer your questions hopefully!

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
... I hope @Caster chimes in here - he already has a 2022 R and will be able to answer your questions hopefully!
Debatable, as a car built one week could easily be different from a car built the following week, never mind one ordered today. It's a shambles and is unacceptable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good point - I think they're making it up as they go along at the moment, admittedly because of circumstances outside their control, but I still maintain they're not being transparent as far as specs are concerned.

·
Registered
2021 Golf GTD Dolphin Grey
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good point - I think they're making it up as they go along at the moment, admittedly because of circumstances outside their control, but I still maintain they're not being transparent as far as specs are concerned.
I just keep getting told they are waiting for demos to come in but I’ve no doubt they’ll arrive at the same time as my order.
It’s frustrating when you spend so much on a car you expect to be able to add all the extras you can buy also an R should come fully loaded seeing as there is a large price hike and considering the Golf R seems to be spec’d a lot higher then the T-Roc!

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Apo0logies - This isn't a UK car - How do you delete posts on here??
Click the menu button, then check if there is a delete option as shown below. Not sure if that is available to ordinary members or just admins. If you can't delete it yourself, let me know and I'll oblige. Impala

Rectangle Font Technology Circle Screenshot

·
Registered
25 Posts
Click the menu button, then check if there is a delete option as shown below. Not sure if that is available to ordinary members or just admins. If you can't delete it yourself, let me know and I'll oblige. Impala
Just get rid - A moment of brain fade! - don't want to to post irrelevant stuff :)

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
View attachment 4507
This is what I can see
Well, I did say that it may only be admins (and moderators such as myself) who have the Delete option, and as @Welshchris was the author that might also exclude you from the ability to delete 'his' post. Sorry I can't be more precise but I can't find the rules documented anywhere.

The post in question has been deleted now.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts