Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
TRoc R Line Ravenna Blue
32 Posts
Well, I did say that it may only be admins (and moderators such as myself) who have the Delete option, and as @Welshchris was the author that might also exclude you from the ability to delete 'his' post. Sorry I can't be more precise but I can't find the rules documented anywhere.

The post in question has been deleted now.
Sky Font Circle Electric blue Brand

Thats what I can see from my own post

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
54 Posts
I hope @Caster chimes in here - he already has a 2022 R and will be able to answer your questions hopefully!
Happy to help, but how do I tell which type of lights I’ve got fitted please?

All I basically knew when I got my R was that the headlights were LED which was pleasing as I’d only had halogens in past!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m due to take delivery of my lapiz blue R in September / October…
I’m aware I won’t have the electric boot option but the dealer are still unsure if I’ll have the Matrix lights with me choosing an R.
I’m annoyed because I’m going from a Mk8 GTD which has the Matrix lights so I was kind of expecting to get the same seeing as I’m upgrading car massively?
Can anyone help?
Thanks
hey fellow troc r owner, new to the forum can confirm there is no electric tailgate in regards to the "matrix headlights" these are standard along with the lower drl's however vw call them IQ lights

·
Registered
504 Posts
My order pack states LED plus but I’ve been told that R’a should have the IQ
Yes you have
True, the housings are the same, but the 'Matrix' LEDs aren't in them. Same as the R-line had these before they messed around with it and now they're not.
Wrong all the t-roc r have I.Q lights = matrix lights (in r model, not in rline)

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
@Seal im not sure you're right on this occasion 🤔
The uk T-roc configurator states the R-line & R come with LED plus headlights.
The German configurator, the R-line comes with LED plus with the option of LED matrix headlights, the R comes with LED matrix as standard.

There is a big possibility the LED matrix headlights were standard on the UK face-lifted R at the launch 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
hey fellow troc r owner, new to the forum can confirm there is no electric tailgate in regards to the "matrix headlights" these are standard along with the lower drl's however vw call them IQ lights
Are you 100% sure 🤔
Does the main beam dip or split?

·
Registered
15 Posts
not quite sure what I am looking at but have gone outside to check, the only thing I can confirm is that the led strip between one headlight to the other is not working or is not there?! 🤨 there is a setting for IQ lights?
forgot to mention I have taken a closer look at them from what I can tell there is basically two rectangular shaped objects in the light one shows light coming out whilst the other is clearly for show?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes you have
Wrong all the t-roc r have I.Q lights = matrix lights (in r model, not in rline)
for someone who has a physical car I don't think they are the IQ lights I have just checked mine outside and noticed that the mould is there for the light buts its missing! 🤯 it also says IQ lights on the outside if caster could check his?

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
@wizzkid68 im not sure you have matrix headlights because the centre strip is part of that package, also your rear lights will be different with dynamic indicators 🤔

Reactions: Seal

·
Registered
15 Posts
@wizzkid68 im not sure you have matrix headlights because the centre strip is part of that package, also your rear lights will be different with dynamic indicators 🤔

my rear lights are not like this, how strange let me pop back outside neighbours will probably be thinking what's wrong with him 😃 is that not a German car? the only person who can confirm is castor?

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
@wizzkid68 the headlights still look similar though, shape, even with IQ on them, maybe the high beam is just static & doesn't split 👌

Would make more sense just putting IQ on the matrix headlights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@wizzkid68 the headlights still look similar though, shape, even with IQ on them, maybe the high beam is just static & doesn't split 👌

Would make more sense just putting IQ on the matrix headlights.
I don't know how I feel about this, it's a 40k car you would expect it to have the full IQ light's I wonder if the semi conductor ship shortage has something to do with this? even then it's not a deal breaker but for that price you can get better cars such as the cupra Leon 300hp vz2 which even has a reverse camera 🥴

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
889 Posts
I don't know how I feel about this, it's a 40k car you would expect it to have the full IQ light's I wonder if the semi conductor ship shortage has something to do with this? even then it's not a deal breaker but for that price you can get better cars such as the cupra Leon 300hp vz2 which even has a reverse camera 🥴
I'm not sure if you could use the chip shortage as an excuse when other countries in Europe are either getting the matrix lights as standard on the R and as an optional extra on the R-Line.

It's confusing trying to spec a T-Roc, even the dealerships get confused 🤷‍♂️

The lights aren't a biggy in my book but a wee bit disappointing when you expected them though.

Reactions: wizzkid68
21 - 40 of 62 Posts