No.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Me neither.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes it's most likely to do with the reception in your area. DAB has a signal level at which it either plays or it does not - unlike FM which can just degrade in sound with a lower signal.

In my area the terrain and weather affects certain stations on FM & DAB and I have had this in earlier cars too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We find dab is useless we never use it in our polo , when we go on a long journey up north it keeps going off . I've got a dab radio for work and I find half the places I work there's no reception ,so I'm not expecting much better when we get our troc

·
Registered
234 Posts
You need good signal, tall buildings in a city just wipe out the signal.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I use DAB all the time, never been anywhere where it's gone off. Good systems auto-retune when you switch areas (similar to what FM does) to keep the same station. Sometimes that station just doesn't exist in the other area though. My Volvo you had to hit "rescan" manually, but that only took a second (there was a hotkey for it).
I love DAB. Since it came out I've never used FM or anything else.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can't use DAB Radio in my T-Roc in France.. I think as of today there is only 19% coverage in France but it's supposed to increase towards the end of 2019... probably will have sold it by then☹ So anyone travelling to France bring your own music.....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine didn't work in Brittany.

·
Registered
16 Posts
DAB, Portugal?
Was tried in 1998 and discontinued due to lack of users!
It doesn't even feature in the specification list, never mind as an extra cost option.
So it's internet radio via bluetooth from a smartphone for us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Following up from my post Dab Radio, Dealer checked out my Dab Radio, and they said the reason for it breaking up was the rear dashcam on my back window and it was interfering with the radio antena, they advised me to diconnect it and they said try it for couple of weeks with it not connected. It seemed to work ok, but I also wanted my rear dashcam working? so I tried a Ferrite Choke in the cable to my dashcam, Problem solved, radio works fine on dab and fm.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Interesting. How did you fix the dashcam to the rear windscreen? I had a look at doing that, by putting my old camera in the back, but the sucker will cover the element in the glass, which it says in the handbook not to do. I would still like to use the old camera beings as It is just lying around, I might as well make use of it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
mvk said:
Interesting. How did you fix the dashcam to the rear windscreen? I had a look at doing that, by putting my old camera in the back, but the sucker will cover the element in the glass, which it says in the handbook not to do. I would still like to use the old camera beings as It is just lying around, I might as well make use of it.
You could use it to prop your beer up in the centre drinks holder, don't want it spilling 🍻

1 - 14 of 14 Posts