Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Had my T-Roc 2.0 SEL DSG for a week now. Very pleased with it so far.
One problem I have and can't for the life of me find an answer to it.
I'm sure it's a simple setting somewhere in the sat nav/media system but is it possible to deactivate the dynamic road sign assist system?
It doesn't work as well as the old system with signage embedded in the sat nav maps
If it's possible to do so would the speed road signs from the nav system show on the map display? (like on my 2015 Tiguan)

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had my T-ROC for 4 days now. Does the road sign assist only appear on navigation? I

Does anyone have it on their instrument cluster? If so , do you know how to activate it?

·
Registered
402 Posts
You need to turn it on, via setting menu.

·
Registered
402 Posts
youtu.be/xmO3tFt0K-A

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks everyone!! It would appear that my T-Roc doesn't have it. Which is strange given that PA31 in the original post had it plus I thought I seen it as one of the features!

·
Registered
402 Posts
You ought to have it. It was built in with the high beam assist, which your signature says you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I'm driving a TRoc SEL 1.5 and does not have cluster display of Road Sign Assist. It only displays on sat nav when in use .

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well, surprise, surprise. Mine doesn't have it either, despite (at the time) the options list stating that high beam assist included sign recognition. The options list no longer makes this statement. I guess it's no longer an option. Well it's not something I really need so I won't send the car back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
VW have been good at moving the goal posts with the options/specs on the T-ROC.

To be honest I only noticed the lack of the traffic sign assist because I had it on my Qashqai. It was useful when driving on unfamiliar roads otherwise just added a bit of colour to the screen!

I won't be sending mine back either!!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I always drive with Waze on anyway, even when not navigating, and it shows speed limits and beeps if you exceed them. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
535 Posts
This option does not appear on the rline configurator. Have they removed it?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Tigermad said:
This option does not appear on the rline configurator. Have they removed it?
Has this option ever been available in the UK?
I have it and it does take some getting used to as the information sometimes conflicts with the data from the Sat Nav embedded information.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I've never seen road sign recognition listed as an option in any UK brochures or price lists from early 2018 onwards, so I don't think it has ever been available on UK spec cars. It can of course be switched on via and OBD device, but dealers won't do that for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts