Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed how VW have failed to upgrade the front fogs to LED from halogens which spoils the look of the car as the headlights & DRL's are bright white & the fogs are a mismatched yellow light.
Not sure if anyone else has yet asked their dealer as to wether or not it is possible to change the bulbs for led or at least a bulb that gives a crisper whiter light ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Have asked - and discussed here On forum - but have not receiver an anser As to the bulb spec.

I suspect the bulbs are H8, and that the reason for halogens is that LED's are not yet approved for Road use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Agerbundsen said:
Have asked - and discussed here On forum - but have not receiver an anser As to the bulb spec.

I suspect the bulbs are H8, and that the reason for halogens is that LED's are not yet approved for Road use.
As you say the Fog lights use a H8 pattern, but there's plenty aftermarket LED and CAN options to replace them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Just been to my dealer this morning and very helpful parts manager told me "off the record" that best option they suggest is to replace bulbs with Osram Night Breaker in H8 fitting and runs same power and heat output so won't create any warranty issues so I've just ordered mine online will let you know how they are once fitted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Trev said:
Just been to my dealer this morning and very helpful parts manager told me "off the record" that best option they suggest is to replace bulbs with Osram Night Breaker in H8 fitting and runs same power and heat output so won't create any warranty issues so I've just ordered mine online will let you know how they are once fitted.
Been checking out the Osram night breakers h8's
On amazon link...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Halogen-Leuchtmittel-Nightbreaker-Unlimited/dp/B015ZAB2XS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529433283&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=osram+h8+nightbreaker&dpPl=1&dpID=41m8lQig-GL&ref=plSrch
On following the link above they say it does not fit a t-roc crossover 1.0 litre, but I wonder if it would fit a 1.5 T-roc Sel?
Regards-
Geoff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Why would that be any different? I didn't think the engine size affected the light fittings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Ah ok-a bit spooky that-as it worked going directly to the product for me initially. Now its just goes to amazon and 'indirectly shows a row of bulbs below the home page.
However not to worry-if anyone experiences the same as me, click the first package of bulbs in the row below on the link-otherwise you should get what Rob is seeing.-
Thanks Rob-Keep up the great work running the Forum-really interesting for us T-Roccers ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Mackemsteve said:
Why would that be any different? I didn't think the engine size affected the light fittings.
Hi Steve, Sorry it meant to across as a different model-the 'Sel', and not the 1.5. I just was queerying it wondering if the next model up had different fittings (seen as how it was posted earlier 'off the record comment from a vw service person')
Apologies if i confused anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
I doubt that too, I think those parts are all the same across the range. I think T Roc is too new at the moment and it's possible the bulbs WILL fit, but they haven't been able to confirm it yet. Go on Geoff, buy some, let us all know ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
H8 bulbs are the original bulbs for fog light. Don't worry, you can change them with every of the same type. Stock fog lights are yellow (warm white) and they don't go good with the LED DRL's.
Personaly, I use Osram Cool Blue Intense on another car as they give a pretty bright white/blueish ligt. Osram Night Brakers are also ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Levy said:
H8 bulbs are the original bulbs for fog light. Don't worry, you can change them with every of the same type. Stock fog lights are yellow (warm white) and they don't go good with the LED DRL's.
Personaly, I use Osram Cool Blue Intense on another car as they give a pretty bright white/blueish ligt. Osram Night Brakers are also ok.
That's good to know Levy-your input is much appreciated - Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
I would have thought that a bright white light would cause bad reflections when being used on a foggy night. That is why fog lights were always yellow bulbs, when I was young.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Hello
We’re people happy with the Osram Night Breaker in H8 are they a whiter light better than the original bulbs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Hi
Just looking at my fog lights the original H8 bulbs seem to have a metal shield on them? Did anyone upgrading their H8 bulbs re use the shield? Or is the shield part of the fog lights? And any bulb that is fitted will be covered by the shield?
I’ve ordered some osram H8 led bulbs.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Product
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Unless this is a new thing since the T-roc came out 🤷‍♂️

Original foglights only came with the bulb with a black tip (stops direct forward light)
If there is a shield on it just transfer onto the new bulb, it's there for a reason.
I don't understand why though 🤷‍♂️
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top