Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just ordered T-ROC SEL for delivery March 2019 and I'm wondering whether to amend order and add sport pack? The only thing putting me off is red brake calipers... which I'm guessing are bog standard painted red so might look a bit naff. Also, there's an option, I think, to opt for red inserts in front doors and dash, but can't find any pics on VW website.

Any feedback appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe the red inserts are now an option, the were an original option on vw website when the T-Roc was first released, I've ordered the Sport pack with my SEL, originally we wanted Atlantic blue but only pack offered was with red inserts, & we weren't sure how it would look, so opted for Ravenna & grey inserts. I love the look of the red inserts in the Audi Q2 but vw just didn't look the same.
I've chosen it for the red callipers, as I think it makes the wheels "pop".
SF

·
Registered
402 Posts
As soon as I saw the red brake calipers I wished I'd got the sports pack. Far from looking naff I think they look pretty good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The sport pack also gives you nice metal pedals, black headlining, darker rear light clusters and red detailing on the seats. It's all cosmetic but probably adds to making the car more attractive when you sell it, as do many other options.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The last thing I would want on any car is the dark head lining because I think it makes the car very depressing inside. Or the black rear windows, what are people trying to hide by having them.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes, darkened rear lenses are standard on SEL
Sport pack additions look cushti to me, guess that's why they're options
Has anyone got the new sport pack steering wheel ? It's also red stitching and centre is round
Hope mine has this

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also hoping for the red stitching but won't know until I pick it up next week
SF

·
Registered
39 Posts
I collected my SEL + Sport Pack on 14/11/18 (Build Week 15/10/18) and the steering wheel has not been updated - sadly, no red stitching. :cry:

Brian

·
Registered
402 Posts
mvk said:
what are people trying to hide by having them.
My mother in law.
This was a more acceptable option than stuffing her in the boot.

·
Registered
451 Posts
BH1805 said:
I collected my SEL + Sport Pack on 14/11/18 (Build Week 15/10/18) and the steering wheel has not been updated - sadly, no red stitching. :cry:

Brian
Wondering if it's because it's also heated ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
'ShuF' - when you collect your SEL this week, let us know if your steering wheel has red stitching, or not. That should confirm if there have been any changes.

Brian

·
Registered
75 Posts
Car Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle

You can just about see the red stitching :)
SF

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yes, on the gear gaiter too
Congratulations, you must be very happy !
Although you have the winter pack am I right in saying you don't have a heated steering wheel, my theory is if heated you don't get the red stitching?

·
Registered
75 Posts
No heated steering wheel, I'll just wear gloves our sit on my hands & turn the heated seats on :-D You know I never noticed the gearstick gaiter!
Drives like a dream but need to get used to not having that low end pull of a diesel
SF

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's why I'll have parking assist, so I can sit on my hands.
🤗

1 - 17 of 17 Posts