Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new member, got my first T Roc in 2019 on a 4yr pcp deal, having trading in a Golf Match in its 3rd year of a 4 yr pcp deal. For most of my working life I have driven company cars, so it was quite an experience to have to fund a car for myself on my retirement in 2014. Having spent most of the previous 15 years driving either an Audi or BMW I decide to stay with the brand and bought a low mileage A3. This was a mistake, the service bills and deprecation over two years was around £230 a month, so I took a golf pcp deal for around the same sort of money. Nothing wrong with the golf, however as we got a little older something with a higher seating position we felt would be a good idea. The T roc has been perfect, same physical size but with better access and more style on the drive. Went for existing stock from my local dealer, who only had 1.5L models available, only then did I discover this forum. I had already signed for the car and spent the next 10 days worrying about the dreaded "Kangaroo" . So thank you for that!!. However I was lucky, yes there is the odd hesitation at the first roundabout in cold weather but none of the issues that plagued so many of the early 1.5 engines. However I have experience some of the other issues that have been highlighted on here, mooing brakes, squeaking wipers and more recently the strange rattle coming from the back seat. Bosch wipers and a bit of tape sorted out two of the most annoying issues, so thank you all once again, however my biggest thank you is for who ever started the post about the equity available at the moment. Its timing was perfect, I had hurt my shoulder and was finding the tailgate a real problem and was also starting to wish I had gone for a dsg box. So I did the "we buy any car" thing and yes I had around £6k to play with, however no new orders were being placed for T Roc so I looked around for a low mileage used option but as you can imagine they are at a premium and without the pcp bonus or low interest rate I was going to end paying more than my current deal. I contacted my local dealer Marriott, who said they had a 1.5 dsg Active in the pipeline and as this is my 3rd car from them, came up with a deal I am more than happy with.
Sorry this is so long winded, but I just wanted to thank the forum, without it I would not be about to sit in my perfect car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts