Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T is to link it to its bigger brothers, the Tiguan and Touareg, and Roc is a modification of the word rock, which Volkswagen say's "on the one hand refers to the off-road character of the vehicle and on the other reflects the powerful and avant-garde image of a crossover design".

·
Registered
456 Posts
The name stands out, the car stands out, a definate head-turner, a joy to behold. We may not NEED one but that's why we WANT one. :D AKA the newspaper advert "Do you NEED a new large TV?......no!. Do you WANT a new large TV?.....yes!, so go and buy the best looking medium SUV on the roads today, to hell with the expense :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I call the car a T'rocco. Why? My wife started with it and I lke it. And VW named a car almost like that a while ago

·
Registered
36 Posts
Probably a suggestion made by a fan (from Yorkshire) of the American actor Dwayne Johnson :lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
According to Wikipedia, the Roc, in popular Middle East mythology, is an enormous legendary bird of prey, no not a Klingon battle Cruiser :lol:
Today's 'Roc is therefore a younger, smaller and fitter mechanical bird of prey which is going to attack the small/medium SUV market with a vengeance. :!:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just back from my second long journey in a week. So comfortable, effortless even with my 1.0 engine. 1 month old and loving it!! For those of you still waiting - it WILL be worth the wait 😊

1 - 10 of 10 Posts