Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone here changed the oil in the transfer box on the 4 wheel drive system?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Do you mean the DSG @peterh? If so, yes I had mine changed, apparently it’s a service item at 3 years / 20k miles.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Do you mean the DSG @peterh? If so, yes I had mine changed, apparently it’s a service item at 3 years / 20k miles.
I think he means the 4 wheel drive transmission, I'm assuming it's separate from the DSG box 🤷‍♂️

Penso che intenda la trasmissione a 4 ruote motrici, presumo che sia separata dalla scatola del DSG 🤷‍♂️🇮🇹

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Hawkeye
The DSG gearbox fitted to the 2.0tsi 190 ps is a DQ381 and the service interval is 80,000 miles or 8 years.
The haldex unit is serviced at 30,000 or 3 years.
the transfer box I’m talking about Is attached to the DSG and takes the drive to the rear wheels.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Hi Hawkeye
The DSG gearbox fitted to the 2.0tsi 190 ps is a DQ381 and the service interval is 80,000 miles or 8 years.
The haldex unit is serviced at 30,000 or 3 years.
the transfer box I’m talking about Is attached to the DSG and takes the drive to the rear wheels.
So you're saying there are 3 items that require an oil/fluid service 🤔🙈

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,824 Posts
I thought the DSG was “sealed for life”. Or is that just the dry clutch variants like mine?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The DQ381 wet clutch DSG fitted to the 2.0 tsi has a service interval of 80,000 miles or 8 years. The haldex unit has a service interval of 3 years 30,000 miles. The transfer box has no service interval and the rear diff has no service interval.
the 1litre and 1.5 litre are fitted with the DQ200 dry clutch DSG which they say is filled for life. But you can change the oils

I Don’t like the idea of filled for life how long is life???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts