Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I am new to the forum and have just purchased a Troc Cabriolet.

I was wondering if anyone else has come across a wierd thing I am experiencing to do with seatbelt warnings

If I have a passenger in the front seat, they put their belt on - all good
If they then get out of the car, whilst the engine is still running and I drive off, the passenger seat belt warning on the dash goes off, with the annoying pinging noise. After 5 mins the driver seatbelt warning then starts going off. The only way to stop it, is to turn off the engine and back on again

My previous TROC never did this.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
That is most likely a fault. Perhaps a software update or system reset would fix it.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Impala said:
That is most likely a fault. Perhaps a software update or system reset would fix it.
What way does our T-roc's seat belt system work in the same scenario 🤔

I don't have passengers so don't know 😷

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Well I've had my T-Roc for over 2 years and it has never once issued a warning for the front passenger seat after a passenger gets out with the engine running. Likewise it hasn't issued a warning for the driver's seat anytime after a front passenger has got out. I can't imagine the logic behind the cabriolet seat belt sensors would be any different, besides the warnings reported in the OP are totally illogical.

It's a fault and should be taken to a dealer.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
I had the same problem you had, and the only way to solve it was also turning off the engine and starting it again. A little troubling...
The way to solve it is to take the car to a dealer and have it repaired. Plugging the seat belt in when there is no passenger is just hiding the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello - I am new to the forum and have just purchased a Troc Cabriolet.

I was wondering if anyone else has come across a wierd thing I am experiencing to do with seatbelt warnings

If I have a passenger in the front seat, they put their belt on - all good
If they then get out of the car, whilst the engine is still running and I drive off, the passenger seat belt warning on the dash goes off, with the annoying pinging noise. After 5 mins the driver seatbelt warning then starts going off. The only way to stop it, is to turn off the engine and back on again

My previous TROC never did this.
Thanks
Hello - did you get this fixed? I have the same issue.
Thank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts