Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

There is no sound coming from my radio or any devices when connected.

I can see the sound symbol is cancelled out which means no sound but I have no idea how to change this option. I have tried turning up the volume knob but nothing is working and now the button on the steering wheel which controls station e.g. selects the next radio station is no longer working.

Any ideas?

I have looked in the manual but cannot find the option that says where I may have switched off the sound, to be honest one of my gripes was that I cannot easily turn down the sound without turning the volume button right down!

So I am not sure if I have pressed something or there is an actual fault?

Any advise before I contact VW?

Thanks in advance.

TROC SEL

·
Registered
451 Posts
Have you tried pressing the volume button to turn it on !
Or is there a mute

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I have tried to pressing the volume button but this only turns the system on or off :(
I have also tried turning the volume button up but no joy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nanane - press and hold the volume button down for about 15 seconds, this will do a hard reset.

Brian

·
Registered
535 Posts
This happens now and again on mine. Think it's a bug in the radio software.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Same happened to me recently. Hard reset sorted.
Was first time happened in 18 months of owning.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What station were you on, DAB? I've found on both the Tig and the Cross, if it looses signal it shows the muted symbol, and adjusting the volume doesn't affect this. I select presets and switch to FM and then it comes back to life.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
It's been a bug in VW's infotainment software for years. If they bothered testing their software they'd notice it. I even reported it 12 months ago and still no fix. No surprise there. About 1 in 5 times I plug in my phone for CarPlay the audio doesn't work (same "no audio" symbol on the dash) and I have to change sources to make it work. It's so frustrating.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I hope you guys have reported this problem to VW It would be nice to get an update

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
htpeargo said:
I hope you guys have reported this problem to VW It would be nice to get an update
Agreed. Most people grumble but don't take the time to report it. Maybe if we all report it they'll get off their lazy arses and fix it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.