Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up 1.5 R-Line in June but have been plagued by the tyre pressure monitor giving false readings of reduced pressure, well into double figures now. At first it was a relief that i didn't have a nail in my 19 inch tyres, but that soon wore off.

Its been in and out of the workshop to have detailed inspections, the system reprogrammed, change of ABS module, change of wheels from front to back, change of wheel bearings, all to no avail, sometimes within 15 mins of picking up the car the pressure monitor goes off again. Currently my car has 17 inch wheels, which at the moment seems to work.

The good news is that the garage has agreed to replace the car. I originally ordered a pure white R-Line in April and was told delivery would be end of October. After a few weeks I decided i didn't want to wait that long, so that garage found me the car I have now, white with a black roof.

So now I have reverted back to the original order, which was amended so I could keep the Black roof, scheduled for BW 39.

Just wondered if anyone else had similar issues.

Ian

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've had the same problem with our Polo bought new 4 years ago , we just lived with it in the end , sad to see we could end up with the same problem when we get our t-roc

·
Registered
57 Posts
My soon to be 3 year old scirocco has this warning occasionally, annoying and I no longer believe the warning, which could cause me issues if I do actually have a low pressure tyre, I just rely on good old fashioned tech, driving feel, manual tyre pressure gauge and my eyes lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
On the way home tonight, low pressure warning light came on, telling me that all 4 tyres are low, all at the same time?
Thought it might be the temperature, but it was a lot colder this morning. Will check the tyres in the garage in the morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts