Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me how i know when a tyre/tyres gets low.Apart from checking the tyres myself of course.I set the pressures in the settings months ago.will a warning light come on and how low does the tyre have to be for the warning to operate, Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Steve, the T-Roc uses an indirect Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (cheap), which is inferior to direct TPMS (expensive).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-pressure_monitoring_system#Direct_vs._indirect

The indirect TPMS is not known for its accuracy, so you need to regularly check your pressures, if you have not done so for several months, you are overdue.

Also every time you adjust the pressures you need to store those values using the settings menu.

My previous car (Vauhall Corsa) had direct TPMS and was linked to the internet so I could easily check the actual tyre pressures for each wheel without leaving the house - I miss that. :(

Brian

·
Registered
86 Posts
With The R line you get a warning on the dash that tells you which tyre is registering a low pressure, (assume its the same on other models). I had problems with mine, telling me that I had low pressure when they were all OK. One of the technicians told me that it needs to be around 20% below what it was set at before registering a fault, so with my tyres at 35 psi it should come on somewhere below 28 psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.