Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do they keep changing things !? I'm used to having music on an old shape SD card, in a slot in the glovebox like the rest of the VAG stuff. There isn't one on the T Roc, and the book wasn't too helpful. I wasn't sure if I just needed a USB-C memory stick or something else.

I bought a USB-C memory stick, all works a treat. However when plugged in to the centre console, you then can't easily plug stuff in the lighter socket, so had to buy a short USB-C extension lead.

Vehicle Car Gauge Steering part Steering wheel

It's all worked out beautifully in the end, and my wife has her favourite stuff to hand.

Personal luxury car Plant Gadget Font Communication Device

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
You could use one of the v. small usb-c drives ... there may even be some smaller than the one shown below.

Rectangle Data storage device Computer data storage Font Magenta

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes this all changed mid 2020. They used to fit the MIB2 head unit, this has SD slots in the glove box. They changed this to MIB3 and did away with the slots. A lit of people have issues with the new head unit.

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
I'm surprised others haven't advised you to just stream music from your phone to the car instead of faffing around with SD cards and usb drives.

• Wow
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Indeed this all changed mid 2020. They used to fit the MIB2 head unit, this has SD spaces in the glove box. They changed this to MIB3 and got rid of the spaces. A lit of individuals definitely disapprove of the new head unit.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
As Impala has alluded to: it’s infinitely more convenient to just plug in your iPhone or Android phone and use the CarPlay or AndroidAuto interface to listen to music. No transferring files or dongles sticking out and the car charges your phone while you listen. There’s not really a downside to it.

And on newer MIB3 units, you don’t even have to plug the phone in as it’s completely wireless. You just pair through the App part of the infotainment screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts