Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking of getting some music ready for the new jukebox on wheels arriving...

What have people found best for loading up their music collection?

Does the glovebox have a USB port, or is it just an SD card hidden in there?

Have you tended to use smart phone+apps, an SD card, or usb memory stick?

Can you play SD card and DAB radio while using phone for navigation via carplay / android auto?

Which way works best for things like album art, integrating with controls etc? Is it speedy enough with 128gb+ connected? Any tips on structuring folders?

Sorry... Lots of questions but interested to know your experiences!

·
Registered
234 Posts
There is an SD card slot in the CD player front panel in the glove box. There are also 2 USB sockets under the heater controls, one of which is for Apple Car Play/ Android Auto mainly, and the other is for charging a phone etc.
I have put a 16 Gig SD card in the CD / SD card player and I have loads of albums on that, the artwork of the albums comes up on the radio face panel. there is also two slots to store further SD cards in the glove box near the CD player. So there is stacks of choice to keep you from falling asleep while you travel. Sadly the rear seats only have a cig lighter socket with a flap cover but you can get one of those small plug in USB chargers to pop in there. The Seat Ateca has 2 USBs in the back which I think is a better option. Then you would want a socket in the boot/trunk in the T-Roc. You can go on and on.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I only ever use spotify and/or google play music via Android Auto. Usually my favourite play lists, but there's the ability to use voice control to say "play songs by <insert band here> on Spotify (or google)" which is really cool.

·
Registered
402 Posts
No, it's part of Android Auto. You hold in the voice command button on the steering wheel for one second. You can use it to dictate texts, initiate calls, specify destinations, ask for football scores etc. Basically Google assistant.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What is the cost of adding the voice command function, and has anyone done this? Also is there any point, how far does it go in the functionality scheme of things?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 1000s of songs on my SD card but the media player does not play all of them.

I've tried changing the files from MP3 to MP4 etc.

Does anyone have any idea of the best way to format the files so they play in the T ROC please?

·
Registered
413 Posts
FelipeS said:
I have 1000s of songs on my SD card but the media player does not play all of them.

I've tried changing the files from MP3 to MP4 etc.

Does anyone have any idea of the best way to format the files so they play in the T ROC please?
What capacity is the sd card?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Regarding voice control. This addition is performed by the dealer via the software and the "key" will cost £200 to enact. My daughter has just purchased a new Tiguan SEL and this feature was not in the specification which is surprising. Enquiries at the dealer confirmed it is an optional extra and the cost to update.

·
Registered
985 Posts
FelipeS said:
Not sure of the capacity of the card.

The media player shows the name of some songs but then skips over some of them.
Might be worth checking as I believe it will only read (up to) a 32Gb card.

Just out of interest, given you say it is skipping some tracks - have you tried "reading" the card in a PC or other device? It could possibly be that you have some corruption on the card itself causing the problem. Or perhaps copy the music to another card and try that to see if the issue persists.

·
Registered
413 Posts
FelipeS said:
Not sure of the capacity of the card.

The media player shows the name of some songs but then skips over some of them.
MP3 format should play fine. It could be the sd card capacity so you should find out what that is. See attachment:

Font Rectangle Sky Art Magenta

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.