Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This modification was the first one I did, when getting my new car, using odbeleven dongle, and it really made a positive difference.

Change from A default > setting B

[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. Code (19249)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, most people can't relate to obd functions,can you let us know how to obtain the dongle and how much.Will the programming help with the 1st gear kangaroo petrol and take off judder on the 1500 evo engine. Also can't I get my dealer to perform this function. Thanks .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am by no means a VCDS or OBD guru - I have just learned to use it during the years :)

In my early days I had a VCDS cable, however I found it too expensive when I wanted to upgrade, so I found out about obdeleven
https://obdeleven.com/en/

The dongle is the same if you have the standard or pro version - it is the software that decides if it is standard or pro - with pro version you can do a lot of coding not possible with the standard. I don't find the price for pro particular high, considering how much can be done with it.

I have not not experienced kangaroo with the DSG7, so I cannot comment on that one, I just found the 'dead' areas when pressing the pedal, quite annoying. With the mentioned mod, I found it to be much better, at least for my driving style. It might be, that some people would find setting B too sensitive, but I like it that way.

Vkr.
/Heino

1 - 3 of 3 Posts