Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought my T-R from the lease company I leased from since new. I was going to activate the voice control but a few historic comments on here suggest its not that great. VW dealer have told me it would need to be purchased as an extra, and it would also need to be activated by the VW workshop, There would be an additional cost for this of £356.10 AND the car would first need to visit the dealership to see if it is compatible with the activation software.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggested work-arounds?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,911 Posts
I was going to suggest not to bother as mine is a waste of time but yours might be an upgraded version with more functionality. If you’re just getting what I’ve got it’s not worth a fiver lol, I can promise you that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to suggest not to bother as mine is a waste of time but yours might be an upgraded version with more functionality. If you’re just getting what I’ve got it’s not worth a fiver lol, I can promise you that.
Thank you - I'm totally with you as I cannot fathom how £356.10 is justified (isn't that about 6 or 7 hours labour charge by comparison?). I have one of the first on the road on an 18 plate so its probably more steam driven than your own. I was hoping someone might know a guy who knows a guy who has the software to activate it, but maybe only the VW Inner Circle are permitted to know! Awrabest

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,911 Posts
Thank you - I'm totally with you as I cannot fathom how £356.10 is justified (isn't that about 6 or 7 hours labour charge by comparison?). I have one of the first on the road on an 18 plate so its probably more steam driven than your own. I was hoping someone might know a guy who knows a guy who has the software to activate it, but maybe only the VW Inner Circle are permitted to know! Awrabest
If I recall correctly, it can’t be coded with OBD alone. You require a serial number from a VW dealership so you could maybe purchase that for I think £200 last time I saw it, and then code it active yourself manually (or with an easier coding dongle like Carista). But if it’s an 18 plate it’s 1st gen voice control like mine. I used it for the first day and concluded it was absolutely useless :LOL:

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts
MIB units can be hacked & things such as androidauto, performance monitor, sat-nav, voice activation could be unlocked.
Unfortunately at the minute it's only MIB2 units & older that can be hacked.
Obviously voids your warranty as well 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: twist

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I recall correctly, it can’t be coded with OBD alone. You require a serial number from a VW dealership so you could maybe purchase that for I think £200 last time I saw it, and then code it active yourself manually (or with an easier coding dongle like Carista). But if it’s an 18 plate it’s 1st gen voice control like mine. I used it for the first day and concluded it was absolutely useless :LOL:
Decision made - forget it! Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts