Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 T roc 2.0 Tdi SEL 5dr Urano Grey, Running Boards
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 month old T roc with just 2000 miles on clock had a really annoying wiper shudder at different speeds. I assumed it could not be the OEM blades with so little wear on them. I invested in some glass polish after watching various YouTube videos , with no improvement. The solution was in fact to purchase a new set of A622S Bosch Aerotwin blades. Instant silence , smooth operation after weeks of cleaning, changing wiper fluids etc etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine did exactly the same thing and I also solved it by replacing the OEM wipers with Bosch Aerotwin. Seems like the VW supplied blades are poor quality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here
just came in from the car after doing the same. Cars only covered 2500 mile. Obviously very poor quality OE fitment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fixed mine with a good clean with WD40 along the rubber blades.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fixed mine with a good clean with WD40 along the rubber blades.
I’ve just tried the WD40 trick, worked an absolute treat, not sure how long it will last though.
If it’s not a permanent fix I’ll be investing in some Bosch replacements in the New Year.
The bloody things have grinding my gears for long enough now!

·
Registered
39 Posts
With WD40 you need to keep cleaning them whenever they start to play up. I have been getting heaps of rain of late and the road spray over the windscreen has been very oily/dirty which seems to stick on the blades. I have been cleaning them every 2nd wash.
Normally I can get a good couple of months without needing to clean with WD40.

Not supporting any particular brand of blades but all rubber will pick up muck that will reduce the effect. I have tried rubbing alcohol to clean them but find that with the OEM blades the WD40 appears the work best.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Strangely I’ve found the original fit blades very good. I thought the originals were Bosch ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 4 month old T roc with just 2000 miles on clock had a really annoying wiper shudder at different speeds. I assumed it could not be the OEM blades with so little wear on them. I invested in some glass polish after watching various YouTube videos , with no improvement. The solution was in fact to purchase a new set of A622S Bosch Aerotwin blades. Instant silence , smooth operation after weeks of cleaning, changing wiper fluids etc etc.
I've had the same problem. I've just replaced mine with Bosch Aerotwin blades. Bet it doesn't rain again for 12 months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed a set of VW replacements yesterday. Shuddering has gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't believe WD40 is being offered as a solution (no pun intended).

The screen needs to be really clean before using new blades.

PeterICE

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bosch Aeroblades all the way

·
Registered
42 Posts
As anyone fitted these on offer from e-bay 2x Wiper Blades (Pair) Flat / Aero type 3397014622 Bosch Set Windscreen A622S ?
£17 odd with 15% off code on e bay.

·
Registered
T roc 1.0 active
13 Posts
Hi, fitted bosch a622s front wipers sorted it, total silence thank god

·
Registered
42 Posts
Doesn't the use of wd40 on the blades smear the windscreen, like cleaning the glass with oil based product

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doesn't the use of wd40 on the blades smear the windscreen, like cleaning the glass with oil based product
You need to remove it first.
WD40 is used as a cleaning product to allow all containments on the rubber to be removed.
Wiper blades start to loose effect once a build up of crap is on them or that they have an uneven edge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts