Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed the mounting for a warning triangle in the hatch door (only had the car for 7 months!). On my previous cars, a WT was always supplied with the car. Were others supplied and I'm missing out, or are VW being mean?

·
Registered
186 Posts
The warning triangle is only fitted in countries where it is required by law. The UK do not require this and is not mandatory, although you can buy an OE warning triangle from Amazon and use it as needed.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thanks for that - I wasn't aware and had assumed that the cars on the showroom floor hadn't had them installed as they were showroom display cars, as always had them from standard with my Audi's. Still I suppose VW have to save costs somewhere

·
Registered
376 Posts
It is a shame that they are doing this. If you wish to make journeys outside the UK then it is at your cost and will the one you purchase fit the mounting, unless you buy from VW. Also, some countries insist that you carry 2 WT's and so far every car I have used has the one that the manufacturer supply and another loose unit floating around the boot which is what the dealer usually throws in with a yellow vest, another item which is obligatory item for these shores and many EU destinations.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Does anyone have the part number for the OE warning triangle which fits in the T-Roc - also, to fit it in the tailgate, is it in a box, or just loose (as-is).
Only asking as I know there are varying sizes, reading the review of the OE one on Amazon, it didn't fit the VW the guy bought it for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.