Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching this ship. It's due in at Sheerness tonight. I'm hoping my car is on it!
Product World Font Slope Software
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's no way to know for sure. Immediately after I got the "car in transit" notification I started watching for ships leaving Setuabal (in Portugal, where the VWs leave from) and headed for UK. Paglia and Pegasus Ace seem to be the two main ones, Pegasus left a few days ago and is due in tonight. Hopefully I'm right, but there's no guarantee - my car may get on the next ferry rather than this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Mackemsteve said:
There's no way to know for sure. Immediately after I got the "car in transit" notification I started watching for ships leaving Setuabal (in Portugal, where the VWs leave from) and headed for UK. Paglia and Pegasus Ace seem to be the two main ones, Pegasus left a few days ago and is due in tonight. Hopefully I'm right, but there's no guarantee - my car may get on the next ferry rather than this one.
I'm in a similar position too.

However, when I got in touch with the VW chat they suggested they travel from Portugal to Emden (Germany) before then travelling to UK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
I'm with Mackemsteve on this - I simply kept my eye on any car transporter ships leaving Setubal - I am pretty much certain my T-Roc was on the Pegasus Ace that sailed direct to Sheerness, then Grimsby(?) then Port of Tyne. It did not go via Emden, though as I said at the time some cars may go through there for all I know.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Derooke said:
Mine must be on the paglia . The dealer said it must arrive within 2 weeks so it is possible if the paglia leaves port after tomorrow my troc Will be on it
Paglia is on its way to Setubal, due to arrive tomorrow. Where it goes after that, keep watching.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thinwhiteduke said:
I'm in a similar position too.

However, when I got in touch with the VW chat they suggested they travel from Portugal to Emden (Germany) before then travelling to UK.
I've not seen any ship from Emden dock in the UK. Paglia went from there to Dublin and then Santander and is now heading for Setubal. Others (eg Pegasus Ace) go straight from Emden to Setubal.
This is all me being detective, I've no proof of anything. It's fun though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll add that to my watch list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
👍👍
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer confirmed that I have indeed been watching the correct ship and that I should have car within 7 days of it arriving at Port of Tyne.
Happy Days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Mackemsteve said:
thinwhiteduke said:
I'm in a similar position too.

However, when I got in touch with the VW chat they suggested they travel from Portugal to Emden (Germany) before then travelling to UK.
I've not seen any ship from Emden dock in the UK. Paglia went from there to Dublin and then Santander and is now heading for Setubal. Others (eg Pegasus Ace) go straight from Emden to Setubal.
This is all me being detective, I've no proof of anything. It's fun though.
When did you get the notification it was in transit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
3 days before the build date 😂😂
Build date was 28th May, went to "in transit" on 25th. Ship is now at Port of Tyne so it should go "in country" any time soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Mackemsteve said:
3 days before the build date 😂😂
Build date was 28th May, went to "in transit" on 25th. Ship is now at Port of Tyne so it should go "in country" any time soon.
My build date was 28th May too, but it went to "in transit" on the 23rd. So again - fingers crossed it's on the same boat as yours.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top