Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start it off :cool: :cool:
I like everything about this car and I love it but I really don't like that they missed the odd tens numbers on the speedometer.....grrrr ... why???
I find it hard to keep it say 30 or 50 speed limits lol. Having to use the digital speedometer now at all times!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully the tailgate with soften with use, I do find it heavy too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
- You can't see if your lights are burning.
- Heavy tailgate
- Yellow fog lights instead of LED
- Plastic dashboard
- you have to turn off the cruisecontrol to see your totally driven miles/km
- When it's raining, the roof won't close automaticly
- The app doesn't work at all

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like the engineering that goes into the bonnet and boot and having owned cars with aluminium panels for lightness, it restricts repairs and they are costly. The tailgate does ease off but do not leave it open too long as it appears to make it difficult to circulate the fluid onthe couple of trys to shut it. My main dislike is that the battery is not enclosed in a box with a moulded lid on to enhance the engine bay. Most manufacturers cover the engine and other functioning items for look appeal

·
Registered
402 Posts
Literally nothing. Not one thing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have only just ordered mine but".........
Reviews banging on about the plastics. My 35k R-line still had plastics.
The metal rod to hold the bonnet up rather than gas struts to help lift and hold it.
No led fog lights. (Might look to see if that can be changed or not when we get it).
No led bulbs used for the courtesy lights. An easy fix though.
The increments on the speedo.....but then rather that than having the active info display blanking out on me during driving :evil:
Sensors in the vw badge... but then the tig, ateca, Karoq and Touareg and all the others family members have it.
Parcel shelf rather than a retractable cover and no storage for it. Why on earth car makers do not go for this when mazda and Renault have been doing it for years unless you need to have your nodding dog mounted on the rear.
Adblue on the diesels. Pain in the backside.
No release switches in the boot for dropping the rear seats which a lot of the latest cars are now having.
No bubble wrap to stop the twat parking next to you smacking his door into yours when getting in and out.
But these are just little things that have still not put me off/liking the car.....well it hasn't as I've ordered one having looked at the mazda cx3 (though you do get an amazing amount of tech for the price). Honda hrv, Kia and Hyundai.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mazda Dash is horrible & don't like those stick up iPad screens, to untidy, looks like an afterthought, and did not want a 2Lt. engine. Kia well need I say more? I looked at the Hyundai not impressed, hated the back end. Honda they should stick to motorbikes, again not impressed. Vauxhall, now owned by the French, NO WAY HOSAY. Seat, would have had an Ateca but my Wife said it was too large for what we need. Also the Arona is a bit on the small and low side. Mini, cant stand the site of them, think they are a joke. Peugeot, again French. Nissan poor customer service.
That leaves me with T-Roc thank goodness. Good to look at and lovely to be inside. Roomy but not over large, small engine and fine gear box.

·
Registered
157 Posts
mvk said:
Mazda Dash is horrible & don't like those stick up iPad screens, to untidy, looks like an afterthought, and did not want a 2Lt. engine. Kia well need I say more? I looked at the Hyundai not impressed, hated the back end. Honda they should stick to motorbikes, again not impressed. Vauxhall, now owned by the French, NO WAY HOSAY. Seat, would have had an Ateca but my Wife said it was too large for what we need. Also the Arona is a bit on the small and low side. Mini, cant stand the site of them, think they are a joke. Peugeot, again French. Nissan poor customer service.
That leaves me with T-Roc thank goodness. Good to look at and lovely to be inside. Roomy but not over large, small engine and fine gear box.
Have a look on the ateca forum for "possible corrosion problems" then go and have a look at the bottom of the doors in the showroom.
I could not believe it when I looked at the channel there.
Bad design. Seat did bring out a retro rubber seal to go there but it was not on the one we looked at last week in the showroom.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Max said:
I'll start it off :cool: :cool:
I like everything about this car and I love it but I really don't like that they missed the odd tens numbers on the speedometer.....grrrr ... why???
I find it hard to keep it say 30 or 50 speed limits lol. Having to use the digital speedometer now at all times!
I haven't got a clue what language it it but look at the dial.
They seem to have it over there.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oh, finally found something that's annoying. I was listening to Spotify on Android Auto when i got a phone call. After the call, no sound came from Spotify. It said it was playing, all looked ok, could skip tracks etc, just no sound. Only way to get it going again was to restart AA (unplug USB then plug back in). Made a call to make sure it wasn't just a one -off and no, it wasn't. Fortunately I don't make/take many calls when driving, more usually it's text messages and they work great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
What I hate the most, is the dsg 7 (dq200) when running from cold - lots of slip and not even close to compare to my earlier dsg 6 (dq250) equipped car.
Secondly, the leg room at the rear seats, my wife's suzuki ignis got more leg room than the t-roc.

·
Registered
456 Posts
No interior release for the fuel cap / cover therefore easy for someone to syphon off fuel.😡

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is the fuel flap not covered by the central locking?

·
Registered
393 Posts
JAMCT said:
No interior release for the fuel cap / cover therefore easy for someone to syphon off fuel.😡
The fuel flap locks with the central locking

·
Registered
456 Posts
Steve said:
JAMCT said:
Thanks very much Steve :p , I didn't know that :roll: . Not read the whole user manual yet :mrgreen: .

·
Registered
393 Posts
JAMCT said:
Steve said:
JAMCT said:
Thanks very much Steve :p , I didn't know that :roll: . Not read the whole user manual yet :mrgreen: .

·
Registered
393 Posts
Lol good luck reading the manual I hope you have a lot of free time 🤣

1 - 20 of 44 Posts