Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know how these work? When I unlock my car the lights come on but when I leave the car and lock it they don't stay on and go straight off as soon as I take the key out the ignition? With my previous car even after I locked the car the coming home lights would stay on for a period of time after? I thought that was the whole point of them

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is a strange one. When you turn off the ignition, operate the headlight flasher, then when you open the door the headlights should come on

Ian h

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, you do need to do it each time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do not have my car yet so I do not have a definitive answer to this but in most cars this is configurable in settings. Is that not the case in the T-Roc??

·
Registered
402 Posts
Similarly when you unlock the car at night all of the lights come on for a while (10-20s) and then go out leaving just the wing mirror puddle lights on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just tried this in my polo got and after two years of owning the car you've solved my problem! Annoying you have to do this each time and can't amend in settings

·
Registered
65 Posts
using VCDS or OBDeleven dongle, this can be set to automatically.
>09 Central Electrics
> Security Access 31347
>Adaption
>Comfort illumination
>Coming home verbaustatus change from manual to automatic

disregard the coming home part of the above, it also covers leaving home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

More of what is constantly being asked on this forum - checkout the vehicle settings
on the infotainment screen you might learn a lot about your vehicle - there are a lot of choices for each section and you have to scroll
down on some of the screens.
Welcome/coming home lights can be switched on (time is adjustable) or off to your choice etc

Have fun :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's no option to turn them on automatically nor to change the time they come on. I already have looked extensively into the settings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Laurenb92

Go to Car Settings on the infotainment screen - Lights

Scroll down to Welcome /coming home lights - scroll down using the blue side bar

both are independently adjustable between OFF - 30 seconds @ 5 second increments

I have just checked this out on my vehicle and it works for me

Have fun :D :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ohhh I think you've misunderstood

I know I can change how long they stay on for but my gripe was that the lights don't just stay on when you take the key out the ignition, you have to flick the full beam light before getting out the car to turn them on.

It's nothing major anyway I'm just used to the lights automatically staying on when I get out the car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.