Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is repost but I have done a search and nothing came up for me.

It is mentioned in the review about the stalling when pulling off or in stop traffic.
I found this when I had the Tiguan and said it was such a pain in the back side that I would get a dish next time.
The biting point felt so light and not getting the revs just right was a pain as I am normally in traffic on the way home from the school run which includes stop start all the time on a hill.
Of all the other cars I have ever had try have not been as light as the Tig.
Due to one reason and another I could not take a test drive (yes I know buying blind)
Due to finances the dish was out on the T Roc so reading this was a bit of a downer.
The other thing it mentions is the auto braking kicking in unexpectedly.
This has been a well known problem with the Tiguan and the ateca causing it to happened to one owner when he was in the third lane on a motorway with nothing in front of him .
If you do a search on both forums you will see how long the threads are even when the setting is turned right down.
On the Tiguan forum one of the blokes went to his local newspaper and one of the reporters came out with him which they videoed as vw wiped their hands of it.
Another owner had his car taken to vw's s main centre where they sorted it out but had sign a bit of paper to say he would not discuss it!.
Anyway sorry to blabber on here's the link to the review.
https://www.whatcar.com/news/volkswagen-t-roc-long-term-test-review/n17443

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just read that review. I've never had any trouble pulling away, no hint of kangaroo, no having to rev hard. The manual box isn't as smooth as the Volvo I had previously, but that was the best manual box I've ever driven. That said, I don't find it troublesome except trying to block change from 2nd to 6th, usually end up in 4th and then block change again.
I love the way the engine revs freely up to 7500! Sweet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.