Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

What not to do when you can't sleep!

10K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just a friendly tip!

I got my car last week and unfortunately had a terrible nights sleep on Friday. So about 3am I started to mess about on my phone and looked at the VW car-net app (as you do). I had next to no idea what the app done and tbh thought it only worked when I had my phone inside the car. Oh how wrong was I! I pressed the light and horn icon with in the app! The indicators (I assume) but the horn started to blare out after about 30 second and you can't stop it! It then didn't help that my misses then jumped up screaming the cars being broken into! waking the kids up! (She still thinks someone was looking at the car)

But the app is quite good, I left the car today at work and looked at the app by chance to see i'd not closed boot properly with Christmas presents in it.

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
If you have a look on the app store. There is car net and vw connect apps there. Can't remember which one this and not got me car yet to confirm but car net I think is the likely one.

#4 ·
There are two systems that run. VW Carnet and VW Connect which relies on the dataplug fitted and set up. Useful comparitors and details on journeys, fuel usage and cummulative costs etc. And yes you can get the horn (single) to sound or lights to flash if you ate parked up in a large car park to identify your car. Get the from appstore with apple or equivalent android sites. Both are free.

#5 ·
I have found the Car-Net app be in-nerving sometimes.

Twice the app has told me that the car is unlocked, when actually it is locked!!

Portable communications device Communication Device Mobile device Gadget Mobile phone

Portable communications device Communication Device Mobile device Gadget Mobile phone

Attachments

#6 ·
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
If you have a look on the app store. There is car net and vw connect apps there. Can't remember which one this and not got me car yet to confirm but car net I think is the likely one.
I found the app and started to put my details in till I got to putting my VIN number in.It won't except the number I put in it keeps saying this a wrong number

#7 ·
If you're having trouble logging in, best to contact VW digital helpdesk on 0800 279 7508, they are pretty good and can help you through most things.

Also, to get the latest info on the car net app, pull down from the top of the screen and you will see it connecting to the car and updating. This should then change the lock symbol to indicate locked/unlocked

Ian H

#8 ·
My app showed this, but when I checked the car the boot wasn't properly closed.

trocsel said:
I have found the Car-Net app be in-nerving sometimes.

Twice the app has told me that the car is unlocked, when actually it is locked!!

AB139D5F-CD2D-4353-AAC4-7AA4A6F902F9.jpeg

AB139D5F-CD2D-4353-AAC4-7AA4A6F902F9.jpeg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.