Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Wheels....

14K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dean07 
#1 ·
I have taken a t-roc R-line out for a test drive and am 99% im going to get it.

Its the 1.5 but thats more than enough for me.

Will order While silver.

Thing is i like the Suzuka Alloys.....but im wondering if anyone has tried the 20" off the Tiguan.

The 19"s are just a bit small. for the wheel arches.

Im no boy racer. But think it would look better on 20's.......anyone tried?

Will they fit?

#2 ·
I don't have them gregoir, but do bare in mind, the bigger the wheels the more road noise and harsher ride you will introduce. For me I wouldn't go anywhere near 20'' wheels-it doesn't need them. Apart from what I have mentioned, the cost of replacement rubber for them is also a reason not to buy. It's obviously your choice m8, and good luck with it, 19's are plenty big enough-unless you are going off-road a lot?
Just thought I'd mention, in case you weren't aware of possible pitfalls.
Regards-
Geoff

#4 ·
I saw few T-Roc's with 19" Suzuka Alloys and I have to say that they look perfect. Not small, not too big. For me the best choice for alloys.
Unfortunatly I couldn't get them myself because the roads in Croatia are so terribly bad so I had to go for smaller rims.

#5 ·
Hi.. what ever rims you put on the T-Roc 16", 17", 18" or 19" the circumference of the tyre will be the same.. you start fitting non standard size wheels and rims which increase the circumference your speedometer will be out of synchronization.. eg. you will physically be traveling faster than the speed shown on you speedometer plus you acceleration time will be slightly slower...
Just a thought... it's an optical illusions that the wheel arches seem fuller by increasing from 16" to 19"...
Roger..

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/tyre-wheel-calculators/tire-size-calculator-tire-dimensions

#6 ·
Smarttask said:
it's an optical illusions that the wheel arches seem fuller by increasing from 16" to 19"
Very true, but they do look nicer when filled with nice, shiny alloy than with thick hi-profile tyres :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.