Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T-Roc 2020 SE developed a whining noise when being driven at around 28-35 mph. It has had the problem since May 2020 and has been in two different VK garages about 10 times covering around 10 months of my ownership. Various parts have been changed including the gearbox and it still whines. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same problem and Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Is your car a 1.0 engine ?

If so, you might want to read this topic about a whistling noise ... might be the same as what you describe as whining.

Strange whisle-like noise

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi TRocAva
I had to have a chuckle at your garage's diagnosis of " air blowing through the inlet manifold " which is of course its sole purpose.
It seems that your garage have fobbed you off, but don't give up. I think that you should re-visit the previous thread " Strange whistle-like noise " the link to which was posted by Impala in this thread above. Read through the whole thread, and you should be able to decide if the noise that you are hearing is similar to that as described by myself and a few others who all have the 1.0 engine in common.
The whistle/whine was tracked to the EVAP system and it is a fault recognised by VW. We have had the EVAP system ( pipes and charcoal cannister ) replaced with a set of a slightly different design, resulting in the elimination of the whistle/whine.
If you think that you have the same problem print off some of the posts in the previous thread, including the photos of the EVAP system, and present them to your dealer.
Beware of dealers descibing a fault as a characteristic of the car. It usually means that they either don't want to investigate, or that they know what the cause is and don't want the hastle of fixing it. Be persistent but polite to get results.
Good luck, and I hope that you obtain a fix for your noise whatever the cause may be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts